Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Light Bleeding with no cramps

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Ok, I have never used one of these websites before so Im really hoping for some feedback.

I cant tell you when the last time my period has been. My first form of birth control was the depo shot which completely stopped my period. I love it but, due to the worry of side effects and long term use my Dr. and I agreed to go onto the Mirena IUD because it seemed safer as far as reversing to be able to conceive. I have been on the Mirena for 2 years period free and BAM, I get a 2 week period! It’s crazy! The period part seems to have gone away but now I have Random spotting / bleeding almost every 1-3 days for a full month. I'll think it’s completely gone and then all the sudden a small gush of light red blood will come out and then stop. It has no actual cycle. Like how a normal period will start off light pink to bright red, to dull brown and stop. It’s just fresh blood out of nowhere? No cramps, or pain like a normal period. I love my IUD and have had no problems. I know women can spot on it but that’s like the first few months. Not after no bleeding for 2 years?

Freaked out and went to the Dr, whom did a pelvic exam, ultra sound to check my IUD placement and a Pregnancy test. Also did a STD urine test just to be on the safe side and currently waiting for results. My OBGYN said it didn’t look like anything to worry about and to give it a month or two to see if it resolves itself. What the heck! I can’t be bleeding for 2 more months! I’ll go crazy! It’s stressing me out and messing up my sex life with my boyfriend. The bleeding is so light to where I only need a light tampon. Sometimes so minimal I can use a pantiliner.

I’m thinking about seeing another OBGYN for a second opinion but I was curious if anyone else is going through this or knows what it can be? Hormones? Infection? Etc. Etc. Worried its something serious.
Did you find this post helpful?
|