Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

LICE on me !!!

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
ok here is the thing... i have been itching some parts of my body for a while now especially in the thighs,,,
when my girlfriend was trying to see what's going on she found some spider like small insects that attach to the hair...
i directly went and bought some shampoo that is specialized to remove them. it said that i have to do this twice... second time should follow the first time by a week... i have done that 10 times now and it is still now going away !
i boiled and cleaned all cloths and sheets.... and it is still appearing
please if anyone has any advice about this issue contact me !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 14th, 2010
Use a lice comb to remove the eggs from the hair. The shampoo makes the eggs not able to stick properly and can then be easily removed. Ive had lice before, this work on me.
|

replied June 15th, 2010
thanks Very Happy ... ill try that ....
btw the shampoo that i used is made to kill lice not their eggs,,, that is why u have to repeat it twice Razz but ill use the comb Very Happy but what is strange is that they are on my body not scalp
|

replied August 21st, 2010
Body Lice
Body lice are extremely difficult to eliminate, and they will eventually get to your scalp, where they are extremely difficult to kill. Take extra measures to enhance your immune system, especially if you have a compromised immune system. (Contact Herb Bar in Austin for their supplement)
Herbal remedies exist, try Good Riddance! from the Herb Bar in Austin.
EPSOM SALTS KILLS MOST OF THEM:
use epsom salts baths to soak your body and hair, this will kill most of them. Keep a towel nearby; do not get this in your eyes, though you will want to cleanse your eyebrows with it too. do not rinse the epsom salts from your body, leave the residue on your body, this will help prevent them from living on your skin. Do this twice daily. Dab your fingers in the epsom salt bath and clean your ears with them to leave a residue there, and prevent the lice from coming in there to evade the other epsom salt covered areas. If you do this in your nostrils, you must use a light touch as the mucous membranes there are more sensitive than the ears. Use Licefreee on your hair every other night until the lice there are dead. Use vaseline around your thigh area to trap the lice, and physically remove them with your fingers. Place the picked lice in a cup of water with an emersed paper towel so it will attach to the towel. The cup of water can also include rubbing alcohol, baby oil, or some other product that will prevent the lice from climbing out.
MOP YOUR FLOORS TWICE DAILY OR VACUUM (IF YOU VACUUM, CHANGE THE BAG DAILY). MOP WITH LEFTOVER EPSOM SALT WATER, IF YOU CAN. IF NOT, ENSURE THAT YOUR MOP IS CLEANED WITH THE HOTTEST WATER IMAGINABLE SO THAT YOU CAN KILL THE ONES THAT NOW CLING TO THE MOP, AND THAT WILL COME VISIT YOU when the mop dries.
Of course, the daily change of sheets, bagging cleaned items to keep them separated from others that haven't been washed in especially hot water for TWO concurrent washings, followed by 45 minutes on extremely hot settings in a dryer. (some suggest using commercial dryers because they are hotter).
|
Quick Reply