Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia survival chances ?

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
User Profile
my uncle is suffering from leukemia,symptoms appeared 3-4 months ago,he is having a very good treatment now.and his recovery is also good,what are his chances of survival,is this a completely curable disease?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jerometn2
|

replied August 20th, 2009
It all depends on the form of leukeima and his age.... for example mine has no protical so i was not even spouseed to make it as long as i have
|

replied June 24th, 2010
huskiecancerbeaterupper20 wrote:
It all depends on the form of leukeima and his age.... for example mine has no protical so i was not even spouseed to make it as long as i have

Hello....My age is 23 and last month I was diagnosed CML. What is my chances of survive and what treatment is the best for me? My doctor suggests me to take imatinib (gleevec), but I heard that gleevec cannot cure CML.
|

replied June 27th, 2010
i had cmml and my chances were less then 40% that i was going to make it i belive it is the same for cml
|

replied June 30th, 2010
I am 47 and was diagnosed with ALL 3 1/2 years ago. My chances were less that 15% without a bone marrow transplant. After 6 rounds of Chemo a donor was found for me. I had some complications and after my 7th LP I had a toxic readtion to the ARA-C that was injected into my spine and I was paralyzed. Although I now live in a wheelchair, I am in remission for over 3 years and going strong. Almost all of my levels are normal and my liver and kidneys have recovered. There definitely life after a diagnoses of Leukemia - just live life positively.
|
Users who thank grandmajo for this post: fatima2010 

replied July 16th, 2010
A friend of mine was diagnosed leukemia, the doctor's aren't sure yet but they believe it's one of the worst forms of the disease... She's a strong woman on her early 30's who just gave birth 3 months ago... do you think she have the chances to make it?
|

replied July 30th, 2010
Absolutely. Your friend is young and relatively healthy. She needs to think positively and to get lots of rest. She will find that she is very fatigued and has little energy. And that may be from the leukemia or the chemo or being a new mom. But she can get through this. I was told that ALL was the worst one but I could be wrong. She will need your support now more than ever. You can help by making a meal once in a while, or babysitting or just listening and holding her hand. People every day are beating leukemia and your friend can too. There will be good days and bad days but she can beat this with a good fight. Tell her good luck and to keep her chin up.
|

replied September 4th, 2010
hey there
sohibgaib wrote:
huskiecancerbeaterupper20 wrote:

Hello....My age is 23 and last month I was diagnosed CML. What is my chances of survive and what treatment is the best for me? My doctor suggests me to take imatinib (gleevec), but I heard that gleevec cannot cure CML.

hello there! hope things are going well with you...just very quick i'd like to tell you that i'm a leukemia survival..I was taking gleevec for a quiet while! i knew it wasn't cure for CML...but it was this or doing translplant! hmm and since 2 years ago i started taking sprycel 50 mg during the day, and 20 mg at night! and its been working fine with me...and everytime i do bonemarrow it's negative Smile so you may need to ask you're doctor about it! let me know what they tell you...wish you all the best...keep you're hope and know that god will help you Smile take care, fatima!
|

replied November 7th, 2013
my father recently diagnosed with CML now his doctor advised him HYDERA 500mg ( 2+0+2)
i want to ask is Hydera ok with CML or i should arrange Imatinib ( cox Imatinib in unavailable in pakistan and too expensive to import )
please Help
Thank You
|

replied April 26th, 2012
treatment for leukemia
i m 14 yrs old and i m suffering frm leukemia(CML). my doctor advised me to take quick treatment but i m nt mentally prepared so plz give me some advice!

anannya
|

replied June 19th, 2012
Dear Anannya,
first, leukemia at your age is not that uncommon. Secondly, your doctor knows what works there and you really really really should follow his/her advice. With proper treatment, patients with CML live, period. You are more likely to die from an accident than from your disease. I understand that all that is a chock to you, but you will adapt to this new phase of your life, and things will go very well. You will live, but you must start treatment now. The mental part will come in due time, you will be just fine. Keep us posted.

Jerome
|

replied April 15th, 2013
my 2 year old has leukimia and its scary ive lost so many people to cancer my gf has been hatful with me and i get mad sometimes but i know i shouldnt because she feels like i do what do i do who can i talk to
|
Quick Reply