Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia ALL misdiagnosed?

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
Hello,

My sister wasn't feeling well and had symptoms of mono or cancer/leukemia and went to ER. They took cbc blood test and said it's not leukemia but mono. Is it 100 percent accurate? Is there difference in white blood count how they look in mono and leukemia?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2013
I asked them to do a spinal test to check bone marrow. At that time I thought her cousin died from leukemia in Russia but it was blood infection instead. I suspect the hospital lied to us that bone marrow indicated leukemia. Or they assumed so because I told them about family history.. They had a leukemia study going on in that hospital for research. How could blood test indicate that it was mono and not leukemia when i read on medical websites that blood cells would look very different from mono and leukemia.. Please help!
|
Did you find this post helpful?