Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Legs going numb

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
When I sit in the car after about 5 minutes my legs start to go numb. Then I get this tickling in my back and legs. When I try to get out of the car, my legs are like jello. It also happens every time I sit straight up in a chair.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bigal1234
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2009
Community Volunteer
If this is still happening...make an appt with a neurologist or a chiropractor...

This happens to me if I sit too long in the bathroom (generally after 5 minutes)...somehow I'm cutting off circulation...
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
Thanks for answering my post. I have been seeing a neurologist for the past year. In fact I have seen several neurologists. It is amazing how they never listen to what you are saying. They examine you and make their own assumptions. Neurologists are the most arrogant doctors I have ever met!!
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
bigal1234,

You haven't met the right neurologist. Don't paint them all with the same brush Smile

You're probably got the ones that you have seen, stumped.

Since it happens when you are in a sitting position....it makes me think that you might be out of alignment.

Zig
|