Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Legal or not legal the numbers dont change.

User Profile
Some interesting articles I found from two different sites.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/12/world/12 abortion.html?_r=1
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301359 ,00.html

Both are pretty much the samething but studies done by different groups, basically legal and illegal abortions compare in numbers, although there is more deaths noted on illegal abortions.

Specifically 70, 000 woman dies worldwide from illegal(back alley) abortions this amount does not include the woman who have suffered minor, temporary of premanent damage to their health.

42 millions are performed each year ( back alley and legal)
26 Millions womam die every year
500 000+ Woman die from child birth and pregnancy!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
hmm
*Note** I am NOT saying you're making this argument as I can and have read what you've posted**Note**

As much as people argue the point I find it hard to believe that something as natural as childbirth for a HEALTHY woman is riskier than a voluntary abortion ( ie not miscarriage) which is totally unnatural. Its like saying deficating on your own is riskier than a super high powered enema. I just would have a really hard time believing that.
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Then you are just ignorant of basic biology.
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Re: hmm
Phenicks wrote:
*Note** I am NOT saying you're making this argument as I can and have read what you've posted**Note**

As much as people argue the point I find it hard to believe that something as natural as childbirth for a HEALTHY woman is riskier than a voluntary abortion ( ie not miscarriage) which is totally unnatural. Its like saying deficating on your own is riskier than a super high powered enema. I just would have a really hard time believing that.

Then I think you need to talk to a qualified health professional~!
|