Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Leg Pain when sitting or lying down

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've been searching the internet for awhile and still haven't found an answer
I've been having almost unbearable leg pain for awhile now. It'll happen when i'm sitting/laying down. I don't know what exactly triggers it. Usually its because i'm not laying straight. It comes and goes, more frequently then I would like. It's kind of like a pulling sensation that starts just about my knee and extends down to my just above my ankle. At first I though I just pulled something, but these pains have been happening for months. They started out really bad, went away, and came back about a month later. They were dull and spaced-out, but now they're bad and I have no idea what to do about it. I would rather not go see a doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
Have you started a new exercise routine?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
Yeah, I started to, but once my leg pain kicked in I really couldn't anymore. But my pain started before that.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
There could be so many reasons for leg pain. I've had it my entire life when I exercise or try to walk a good distance. I went from doctor to doctor and no answers. Just a bunch of negative tests. One thing they did find was a Vit. D deficiency. I never realized how much Vit. D controls pain in your body. I've been taking the Vit. D for almost a month now and I am pain free, except for the sore muscles from yoga.
|