Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Leg pain after cardiac bypass surgery

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
After bypass surgery my, the leg from which they harvested the replacement artery material hurt like hell. Coincidentally I saw a pain Dr for my back. I mentioned the pain in my leg he gave me a shot to "re-boot" damaged nerves. I''m pain free in my leg now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi mpanno....I am so happy that your leg is now pain free...This is a rough part of the bypass surgery....But, what a wonderful gift of life to us when we need it...Good luck....Take care....

Caroline
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
leg pain
what medication was injected into your leg? I had a CABG in January and my leg is still a problem for me. Any information would be appreciated.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Leg / Foot Pain After CABG
Hello Elyser -

Writing from Boston, I started to get pain in my left leg and foot six months after CABG by leading MGH surgery team.
Just started seeing a neurologist 4 days ago. I have a mylogram scheduled for Wednesday. I think that they will be loooking at the Saphenous nerve which is close to the Great Saphenous Vain that was harvested for my heart.
I was advised to have an MRI of my back and leg also, to rule out sciatica.
Have you done any of this?
I would like to know what was injected into Mpanno's leg, too.
Please respond.
|

replied August 15th, 2012
increasing leg pain post op
I need some advice....my leg pain has increased daily since my aortic valve replacement last july 8,2011...I had a slight stroke simultaneously on the left side so the numbness was expected, but soon gave way to increaseing pain esp in the left foot....now both legs are affected and I can barely walk...please-someone suggest something...Drs have not done anything,,,including the neurologist, cardiologist, and Primary...I am fit to be tied (tied up and thrown away!)
Nights are the worst altho i have elevated the legs,etc..I wa told I would be my own self quickly..and being the TYPE A that I "WAS" I hoped for the best...but this is not the BEST!! I am in pain from the back down both legs and feet..
|

gbmcneil reporting in...

It took about 15 months for pain down my left leg to go away following CABG.

Unfortunately, I cannot identify what was responsible for the cure. However, I would encourage others in the same set of circumstances to be optimistic. Time does heal in some cases.
|

gbmcneil reporting in...

It took about 15 months for pain down my left leg to go away following CABG.

Unfortunately, I cannot identify what was responsible for the cure. However, I would encourage others in the same set of circumstances to be optimistic. Time does heal in some cases.
|