Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

leg pain- a burning sensation in my lower left leg?

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
hello for a few months now every once in a while i have had a burning sensation in my lower left leg? Thanks! Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
ouema,

Burning type pain is usually a sign of a nerve disorder. However, the cause could be one of many. It could be a compressed nerve root in the back. Damage to a peripheral nerve could also cause it. Others causes included diabetes or other metabolic disorders, infection, inflammation, autoimmune disorder, trauma, etc.

If it continues and becomes a problem, see your physician. The only way to determine exactly what is causing it is to do an history and examination, and conduct studies as needed. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply