Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Leg numbness/tingling only when lying down

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I am still in limbo waiting for a possible MS diagnosis, but I was wondering: If you are experiencing numbness and tingling in one particular extremity and it's due to MS, should it happen all the time, regardless of what you are doing? I have tingling that occurs exclusively when I've been lying down for a while, although my leg sometimes feel ever so slightly weaker than the other when I am up and about and I get an off-balance-y, spacey feeling in my head. I'm just wondering if the fact that it only occurs when I'm in a particular position keeps the door open to other issues as a more likely diagnosis than MS. (I have a bulging disc at L4-L5 and L6-S1 from a recent car accident, and the latter was reportedly touching a nerve.)
Did you find this post helpful?
|