Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

leg muscle tightness and cramps

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
for about a week or so i have been exp. leg tightness in my legs.. mainly behind the thigh and in the calf and shin.. calf muscle also feels tender as if i recently pulled it but have not.. and i keep gettin muscle twitches in my calfs buttox thighs.. legs feel real tight as when ur stretching and ur not flexible and it pulls and feels real tight.. it will feel like that just standing for a little while or liftin up to grab a plate.. its affecting my knees startin to make them feel weak... its both legs but my left leg alot more.. my lower back has been tight and gives a jolt feeling every now and then dependingo n movement.. anyone know or exp this kind of pain.. as i lay here typing this my left calf muscle twitched twice.. i had recent blood work a week ago, standard work up.. all came back normal.. any ideas, suggestion?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 1st, 2013
I think it may be due to drug withdrawal. Caffeine, theobromine, theofylline, etc.
|

replied June 5th, 2013
Me too
I don't know, but if you figured it out please email me because I am currently experiencing the same thing. I have been told by a few people it might be the sciatic nerve.
|