Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Leg goes goes numb or tingly

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
When I stand in one place for even a relatively short time, a minute or so, my right leg sometimes, but not always, goes numb or tingly. It will go away in a gew minutes if I walk or sit.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Neurological Disorders Answer A18265
Hello and thank you for posting your medical query on E health forum.

From the history provided, it seems that you may be having a vascular or a neurologic cause of your sensory changes in your leg. The vascular causes include partial or temporary stasis of blood circulation. The Neurologic causes include peripheral neuropathy, Entrapment neuropathy, etc. The exact cause needs to be determined with a physical examination.

You may benefit by a consultation with your primary care physician or Neurologist and additional tests for diagnosis including a Doppler ultrasound, Nerve conduction study can be done and proper treatment can be initiated.

I Hope this is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.