Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Leg giving way.

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
When I walk normally, sometimes I feel pain in my left leg, below and to the left of my knee cap. Occasionally, my leg gives way and is unable to bear weight and I get a sharp pain in the same place, afterwards,I have a slight ache for a while.

I am 15, physically fit and I don't believe that I have weak legs.

Anyone know what is wrong, if it persists I may go to my gp.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi jameswinward and welcome to ehealth: Sounds like you may have a trick knee...Sometimes when you are growing these happen...It's like something goes out of place and can't find its way back in...Our son picked up a knee brace at the drugstore when he had this problem...It did help him...If it continues you may want to see your doctor...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: weight, ache
Quick Reply