Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

leg cramps while exercising

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I have been walking 4-6 miles, 5 days a week for the last 3 years and every once in a while I get cramps in my shin and ankles that unless I stop every block or so do not let up. I warm up, I have good shoes, I do everything that people suggest and it still happens. I find that it is worse when I ovulate and when I'm on my period. I eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water (with a once in a while splurge) I have a small bunion on the leg that cramps worse and wonder if that has something to do with it. I sometimes have to sit down,take my shoes off and bend my toes down to get any relief. Its frustrating and would love some insight, stretches, etc...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2010
Supporter
I don't know if your cramps are caused by the same problem as mine but I thought it might possibly be related. I take a fluid pill daily and found that drinking lots of water did not help to reduce muscle cramps that began occurring. So I bought a potassium supplement. That did not help either. I began drinking about 8- 20 ounces of Gatorade a day to restore my electrolyte balance and the cramps went away. So you might want to try this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: cramps, period, Diet
Quick Reply