Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Left Testical / Left Inguinal pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am a 21 year old male and I have been experiencing intense, unbearable left testicular and left inguinal pain for about 4 months now. I decided to go to the emergency room when the pain began to make me vomit and become nauseated. The doctor performed a physical exam and ordered a sonogram of my testicals and scrotal septum. The sonogram showed that I had 2 hydroceles on my left testical and the doctor said I may have epididimitis. He prescribed me doxycycline and vicodin for a poss. infection and pain.

I went to a urologist for a follow up. He claimed I had a ureter infection. Urine test came back negative for infection.

I went to another urologist. He claimed the pain could be a result of trauma, testicular cancer, or neuropathy. He examined the sonogram further, as the first urologist had not looked into it at all. He ruled out cancer and trauma.

I went to the emergency room again, as directed by the 2nd urologist, as he guaranteed that my case is not genitourinary. The 2nd emergency room doctor told me that I have and inguinal hernia and scheduled me for an appointment with the general surgeon.

The general surgeon, as well as his physician's assistant performed a physical exam and possitively stated that I did not have an inguinal hernia.

I scheduled an appointment with my family medicine doctor, who prescibed my vicodin again and told me that he was setting me up with another general surgeon for a second opinion.

The 2nd general surgeon agreed with the first, saying I do not have a hernia. He said that my condition may be a result of lumbar spine disease.

Is there someone else out there who is dealing with this? Every doctor I see does not seem to want to figure out what is going on, or even want to listen to what I'm going through. It is getting so frustrating.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
see a surgeon who specializes in spine. the is a nerve root from the spine to the testicle....he may do mri to check it out.....pete
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2013
inguinal hernia
my husband is going through the exact same thing. he was treated for epidytimitis and then for urinary tract infection and then was told he has fluid in his peritoneum and that it is pressing on the nerves and will go away on its own.
|

replied February 17th, 2014
Not sure if this inguinal problem still bothering you?
Not sure if this condition is still bothering you?

I too have a problem like this. Had it in 2002 and in 2014 the pain is getting so bad that even my Fentanyl and Morphine (Back) pills don't even dent the pain in left groin and left testicle.

I've also had a Screen placed behind my bellybutton for hernia. They diagnose my problem as inguinal calcification which leads me to believe that the horrible neuropathy leg pain 24/7 may also be caused from other veins that have since calcified. Who knows?

Doctor's can bury their mistakes. That is why they have a "Practice." I have found in the decades of my time on earth that YOU would be far better off to go to a Veterinarian as their patient's can't talk to communicate their ills so a doctor actually has to work to help their patients. Even getting bit now and then, but at least the Dogs health gets better.
I could add every 98 minutes a Cop kills a Loyal pet defending their Masters.

There is a second opinion to this also.
While Doctor's may assist those with cancer who may - be dying and the pain is so great that their option is to simply (CHECK OUT).
You have a Government who imprisons those in GITMO for 12 years+ never charging them with a single crime other then being of another religion and tortures them daily, only to create a LAW that says its legal for those torturing those who now wanting to DIE to end the sufferings of constant tortures by starving themselves to death. That they prisoners can be Legally FORCE FEED to keep them alive, so the US Government can torture them more. God Bless America... DUH!
|