Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Left side pain and diarrhea

Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....
Ive experienced left side pain off and on for several years now which is made worse by eating. It completely debilitates me as when the pain comes on it causes me to curl up in a ball to make it any better. Had laparoscopy done by gyne showed nothing. The past 3 weeks have had constant diahrrhea 5-10 times daily, constnt heartburn, sudden onsets of vomitting and fatigue, i also found my right superclavicular lymph node is swollen and I have been getting frequent bad headaches the type that hurts more with movement. My doctor keeps telling me I have a virus and my body just needs time to get over it. Im sick of being sick!!! Can anyone please give me some ideas as to what this could be as Im sure its not a virus after 3 weeks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2009
it could be a kidney related problem. check with a urinologist
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Supporter
i would try to get a second opinion. what doesnt he mean you have a virus? do you get sick often?
Modium AD works good for diarrhea.
pepto works well when your nauseous
Antiacid tables is good for heartburn
imetrex is good for migraines
since your doctor is clueless of what's going on with you can he atleast give you Tylenol 3 for pain
don't feel bad i have issues and i take multiple medication.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Another lady posted the same thing on another page - she has a fatty liver which is common, but there are several other possible scenarious - could be pancreas problems or any other number of things. Does not sound like a virus at all. Get a different doctor and get testing done.
|