Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Left side of back tingly and numb

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
just a few days ago my left side of my back starts to tingle and feels numb when i touch it then it goes away.

then returns in like mins. i mean i been going threw panic attacks like crazy and have i lot of anxeity and stress for the past month now.

havn't seen the doc yet and not on any meds either.

anybody ever felt this symtom before i worry about it alot now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
This could be a psycho-somatic symptoms of tricks that your mind is playing on you. When no real illness is present, but the mind is convinced that there is illness, it can actually create the symtpoms it's looking for.

When's your appointment with a doc?
|

replied July 29th, 2010
numbness in back
my upper back has been way numb on and off again and then i notice its so numb i almost feel it going thru towards my front right below the rib cage and on the upper sides its not right and i dont know wgat the hell it can be but I understand you , and I have stress issues as well let me know if you find out anything b4 i do and ill do the same for you . it feels like how it feels when your hand fall asleep, we'll keep each other posted. and what ever the other girl responded prior to me... sounds like she might be the one to have the" phsyco" malfuntion,,,, ??? but who knows??
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
Hi, I have anxiety which manifests in various physical ailments. I have now got the similar backpain. With that previous post I am pretty sure it's phycosematic also. But if it keeps hurting see ur doc.
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
Hi, I have anxiety which manifests in various physical ailments. I have now got the similar backpain. With that previous post I am pretty sure it's phycosematic also. But if it keeps hurting see ur doc.
|

replied September 7th, 2010
numbness in my left rib cage
i felt exactly the same... I feel numb in my left rib cage and all the way to my back.. and it is connected to my upper tummy.. it si very hard to explain... it is like a have a lot of air in my tummy... and sometimes in my left breast...
I went to the doctor before they didnt see anything... Useless!!!

2 weeks ago i've got hyperventilation because im to afraid Coz i,ve got some palpitation... It cause me panic attact... i'm to afraid all the time and icannot eleep in the night most of the time... I thinking that maybe something bad is gonna happen to me.. another panic attact...
But i feel good when im around people.. Maybe No Chance to think about bad thing...
bUT MY nUMB RI PROBLEM is stll the same... its not that pain but it is annoying... thare's a potition that i cannot do..
ok thanks... just want to share my feelings...
GODBLESS YOU ALL...
|

replied April 21st, 2012
Numbness of left side of back.
I also have palpitations, sections of numbness on left side of my back, panic attacks and sometimes sleepless nights. I'd just seen my regular Internist about the numbness of my back and the out come of that was, "just stretch it out." I left that office very disappointed still not knowing what is causing this numbness. I had made an appointment with a Chiropractor not only for the numbness in my back but also for my posture. Maybe he can give me some answers on what is going on with my body. But you know, I don't doubt the fact that the mind could have some kind of play in this role. "The brain is a very powerful thing."
|

replied May 19th, 2012
numbness on left side of back and left arm
i have had numbness in the left side of my upper back goes threw my left arm little to no pain have had panic attacks went to the emergency room got checked out thought i was having heart attacks but im only 25 and pretty healthy they were no help said it could be a pinched nerve im constantly on edge and have terrible anxiety from this nothing i do takes the numbness away and the fact that it goes threw my left arm totally freaks me out i am going to the criopractor and going to see my family doc to get put on meds ive been dealing with this for 7 months now off and on but seems to be getting worse even when the numbness and tingling is not in my left arn it is always on the same part of my back very hard to deal with hope i get some help soon!
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
left side of my back is numb
|

replied July 21st, 2012
im experiencing this too. and all you guys said i wish will help me. i can feel my upper left side of back is tingly and numb
|

replied March 30th, 2013
I also have tingly sensation only on the left-side of the upper back, which is more to the left side than to the spinal cord. Will it be anything to do with the heart?
|

replied June 30th, 2013
Tingly back pain
I have had a tingly, burning pain in my back for over a week now. I was reading this to see if there are any other answers. I have MS and didn't want to get my neuro involved if I had another answer.
|