Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

left kidney atrophy

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
my 7 years old son have an atrophic left kidney , after renal scan we discovered that the right kidney is normal in size and function 95% , while the left kidney is small in size and 6% functioning . the blood kidney function has shown normal results for creatinine and blood uria . the left utrer also partially dilated . we have discovered this after my son had a urinery tract infection , the microb was E-coli . he is treated completely from the infection , i need to know what is the necessary actions needed to maintain his condition and also have a normal healthy life . my son plays sports regularly mainly swimming and Tai kon do .

appreciate your help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2011
The left kidney needs to be removed so that it will not cause secretion that causes high blood pressure which is deaedly. I had the same exact problem. I had many urinary tract infections that led to kidney reflux to hypertension. And my left kidney was only functioning 6 percent. I am 17 years old. They figured out this problem a year ago. I had UTI's when I was two. I don't understand why they couldn't figure it out early. SO the best bet is to just remove it. Does your son have kidney reflux?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.