Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Left Hip, Buttocks, Groin and leg pain. Left Side. Any ideas?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I recently started developing pain in my Left Hip, Buttock, Groin that seems to radiate down to my left side scrotum and the pain goes down my left leg to my knee and sometimes lower than that.

The work I do I walk all day and get in and out of a vehicle. It seems to get worse the more I move, but the buttocks, groin and scrotum pain seems to just always linger.

This is just really bugging me and it's just getting old. A guy at work said it sounds like my hip is wearing out. I have no idea. Has any one else ever experienced these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2011
Hello JeffMitchell,

It could be many things, but it sounds like it could be sacroiliac pain. Suggest you get checked out by your doctor or a physiotherapist (PT) who has some orthopaedic practitioner training. This kind of pain is definitely made worse by sitting for long periods, especially in a vehicle. Your most sensible course of action is to seek a medical opinion.

Kind regards,
Wooflett
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply