Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Left Abdominal Pain After Sex

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My fiance and I have been together for three years and are both faithful. During the course of our sexual relationship, I have experienced pain (that I thought was an ovarian cyst or UTI, but was not) three times in the lower left abdomin. Doctors are puzzled. My guess is that the pain could be possibly related to my having IBS. The pain occurs only during straining (i.e. urination, bowel movements) and I have very little discomfort otherwise. I read that the intestines can become swollen and, as a result, become irritated during intercourse. Could this be a possibility? I seem to recall having had a sharp pain during intercourse. Could this have resulted in the, now three days, worth of discomfort I am experiencing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Did your doctors check you for endometriosis? I have read that people with IBS are more likely to develop endometriosis than others. Are you saying that the pain comes with straining only after sex? Or does the pain come after sex even without straining?

I realize it's been a while since you posted. Have you gotten any answers?
|
Did you find this post helpful?