Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

9lb Dermoid Ovarian Cyst Tumor

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
I wanted to share my story. I am 22 years old and recently had surgery to remove a cyst that grew on my right ovary. Four years ago I noticed that my stomach was getting larger and very firm. People would keep asking was I pregnant and I wasn't. I visited y local nurse and obgyn and they said it was just fat and to diet and exercise. Long story short earlier this year I was starting to have terrible pains in my stomach and I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I went to the ER and all they did was blood work and didn't find anything. In the summer my nurse told me i might have a tumor but didn't know what kind and I should go to the doctors to check it out. Two months ago I got an ultrasound and the doctor said they found a cyst on my right ovary that was 10inches in-depth. He told me I should have surgery immediately to get it removed. Two weeks later I went for surgery to remove my right ovary since the cyst was connected to it and removal of my appendix. After having a successful surgery my doctor showed me a picture of the cyst they removed. It was 9lbs and was going to continue to grow if I didn't remove it then The cyst is called a dermoid tumor, which is noncancerous but can be dangerous if it erupts. I don't know how log it has been growing in my body but glad it is gone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|