Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Late, short, heavy period and pregnancy symptoms

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My period was 5 days late and was heavy for 2.5 days but not clots or tissue. I have had pregnancy symtoms for weeks now and would be 8 weeks if that was not a real period. I took 2 HPTs, the first showed a thin dark positive but the second showed as a negative. I do have a UTI and had started the AZO before I took the second so the test was not even the right color. I can't get to the doctor for another 2 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper abi4yah
|

replied May 7th, 2010
I know how you feel as I''m going through the same thing but there is little knowledge on it.
My period was a week late and it was very light before that I had one day of bleeding then nothing last cycle. I have symptoms of pregnacy mostly my brests are larger and nipples are darker. I was told it can take up to 3 months to test postive so in our case that is the length of our wait.
|

replied May 11th, 2010
heavy period with clottin feelin pregnant crazy mood swings e
the same thing is happening to me in that i nevr missed my period before... i have been having every pregnancy symptoms except that instead of gaining apetite i lost it and my breast i think r normal....... i did somany home pregnancy test that came out neg and then on 4 days after me missed period i did two and they wer pos with a pale line............. i had sex two days after that about two hrs after the sex i had some brown and pale blood not enogh to fill a panty liner and then te folowing day i had my period....... i went to the doc she said am nt preg did a ultra sound and awaiting the result,,,,, i am cloting real bab real bad alot,,,,, gushes of blood comming down ect........ a lil cramp not like my ususal cramp and direah........... can i stil be pregnant after all this bleeding thts still goin on
|

replied April 18th, 2012
Same for me. I was 9 days late. It came really really heavy with no clots or pms symptoms. Im not stressing or anything of that nature. Im jus really confused.
|

User Profile
replied October 31st, 2012
i was 2 days late.when periods came,i have severe backpain, lower abdominal pain and muscle cramps which i did not experience in my whole life.it was not relieved by buscopan tablets and iv injections.i did ultrasound,it was normal.BHCG test was negative.i dont have much bleeding,only some clots.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2014
My period was 2days late or started out light then red with blood clots lasted for 2days. Lower back and abdominal pain some cramps. I had a negative pregrancy test.what could this mean? Am I pregrant or what? Please Help!!!!
|