Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Late second period after abortion pill

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
i took the abortion pill months back and i got my period about exactly a month later. everything went fine. i was very happy when i got my period back, it was normal, maybe a little more heavy than usual but ive had that heavy before so it was ok. anyway i should have gotten my period back about a week and a half ago and its not. my boyfriend and i have NOT had sex, like ive sworn it off because i jsut dont ever want to go through having an abortion again so we havent had sex. which im sure sounds rediculous that im freeaking because how could i get pregnant and not have sex...? we have "fulled around" nothing like us physically having intercourse but is it possible that semen could have gotten on his fingers or something and he touched me down there and somehow it went in? ive heard sperms die once they hit the air but i dont know, i dont think thats actually true.

i do have a pregnancy test from the first 2 pack we bought and ive been putting off testing it because i kinda dont want to know. i mean yess i want to no if its negative and im not pregnant but i do not want to know if i am pregnant, ive already got such a busy life, id be so angry with myself if i saw another plus sign and would have to go through all of that doctor stuff again : / oh gosh please let it be that im just freaking out over nothing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sanjna
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
sperm can live inside a womans mouth or vagina for up to 3 days. i think it can survive being in the open air for a while.

i am not sure how old you are, but if you are whiggin out this bad about possibly being pregnant AGAIN then maybe you should try depo-prevara or the pill or an IUD or something.

It beats the alternatives -- being pregnant, having another abortion, or whiggin out over nothing. Right?
|

User Profile
btw.. i didnt mean for that post to sound harsh... as i read it back to myself it looks like it was.

just wanted to let you know.
|

User Profile
yeah it did seem kinda harsh, but i get that you didnt mean it that way. see i dont want to be on birth control because im not having sex!! so that wouldnt make sense...? im 19, i dont want to have to go through another abortion. im only 19 but i have sooo much responsibility. i couldnt deal with being pregnant again. what im mainly asking is if its normal for your cycle to be abnormal even after youve already gotten it back?
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2009
Supporter
abortion pill? do you mean the plan b pill, the pill that keeps you from being pregnant.
you have to understand that it is a bunch of birth control pills, which is a bunch of hormones that you are injecting into your body.
it may take a while for your period to return to normal. but it would be a good idea to use birth control pills or something that will protect you.
good luck
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2009
NO not the plan b, thee abortion pill, something that starts with a M. it is real, some people say it isnt, but it indeed is otherwise i took a fake pill and it took away my pregnancy. lol. yess actually my period did just return this morning, i woke up to blood in my white underwear and i couldnt have been any happier!! :]] i then washed my white underwear hahaa. im so happy though, i mean looking back i see i was just overreacting because i havent had sex and like i didnt feel that my bf and i had any close enough connection when sperm could have traveled into me. anyway, thank you for caring and posting a comment. i havent gotten much of any feedback on this topic on this site and even on another site like this that i was using, so i was getting really frustrated, but now im just really happy that i can move on with my life and i dont have to wake up with this thought lingering over me every day. i hope you have a wonderful day!! :]
|

replied February 23rd, 2011
hi, I had my pregnancy removed on the last week of january (using mifiprestone). I had bleeding till February 7th.did not consult the doctor again. When would i get my next period?
|

replied June 20th, 2012
u will be getting ur periods on time or may be bit delayed - say for seven days or so. So dont worry.
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Reaction after using Misoprostol
hello mam,
i was pregnant and i used misprostol for abortion, everything went fine... i had heavy bleeding for one and half days... after that i m fine... but my stomach is heavy and i have severe headache and tiredness often... it is been 19 days now.. i m scared... what should i do now... is it all cleared or still somethin has to be done.. i cant go to a doctor... coz i m stayin with my parents... plz help me with your advise...
|

replied April 27th, 2012
periods after abortion
i m also having the same problem. Took abortion pill under the supervision of doctor.Bleeding after that was not much heavy, felt uncomfortable just as i feel during periods. Bleeding lasted for around 8 - 9 days.Pregnancy was just of 3 and a half or 4 weeks. everything seems to be ok. Pregnancy test has become negative,but could not go for follow up scan. Waiting for periods to come. can anybody tell me that will it be delayed or will get the same on time?
|

replied October 6th, 2012
ya your period will be delayed than usual....dont worry
|

replied June 13th, 2012
HEY GIRL, m having the same problem too, i haven't got my period till now, and i got positive result on the preg. test..... anyone please help
|

replied June 20th, 2012
I got my next periods on time, there was spotting first two days then i took tablet n got gud flow.But my pregnancy test was negative. i have history of early periods , that is 7 days before the actual date, but that time i got it on time.You can wait, but u cant be pregnant as doc said that preg test may show positive upto some weeks, and first periods after abortion is always late. Dont worry and all the best.
|

replied July 4th, 2012
delayed periods: after abortion, need help
hi, i had miscarriage, due to this i hv to undergo abortion. I hv my first periods aftr 1.5 months. But now after two month i hv not got my periods back. I took medicine to balance the hormonal changes. its been 7 days after taking the medicine still i hv not got my periods.
How long will it take to hv my periods after taking medicine. or Shuld i again consult my doc for this.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
I don't know if anyone will read this but even though these comments are over a year old i still foudn them useful when I have recently been worried about not having my second period and panicking! I was so so scared it's unreal so emotional because I had cramps for a week but no bleeding and I was three days late... this is what I had when i was pregnant the implantation cramps and in my mind i thought god i must be pregnant again! I was so worried you can not understand, crying and arguing with my boyfriend refusing to have sex until my period came.... i literally felt sick with worry! I myself cant' ever imagine having to go through an abortion again I couldn't physically do it let alone mentally it's a horrible horrible process and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So the purpose of this post is just to say... don't worry!! My period came after three days never in my life have i been so happy to see blood and go to the shops with such a smile on my face for tampons! All i'm going to say is don't worry stress will make them come on longer, and USE PROTECTION it is not something to take lightly anymore... my rule was to wait one week after i was due then take a pregnancy test then it would be most accurate once you're significantly late. Please be careful though ladies, I myself will take extra measures to put my mind at rest so I can get on with my life and not worry anymore.. I really hope anyone who is currently worrying about this has the same experience as me which most likely you will... Thank you so much for sharing as your posts really helped me Smile

Jessica
|

replied July 26th, 2012
i have the same situation..I have my abortion last may 1,2012 then i took a birth control after 3 weeks then last april 15 I have my period..then after that I stop the pills..and I have intercourse with my boyfriend after my safe days..but my problem is,im 10 days delayed.i should have my period on july 16th..i have 4 negative results..July 14,july 20,july 24..i have pregnancy symptoms like i feel tired,sleepy in the afternoon and my breast have milk,im a bit confused about my breast.maybe it just because of my previous pregnancy that aborted..i dunno what to do..please help me..
|

replied July 26th, 2012
oops..i have my menstruation last june 15 rather..
|

replied June 18th, 2013
Abortion Pill
Ladies. HCG hormones, remains in your system for a while so it Is not beneficial to take a PT, results will probably be + even if not pregnant anymore. If you cannot return for a follow-up, practice abstinence until that bloody mess comes. Don't trust your partner, take initiative to avoid being in this situation alone again.

Also use protection to avoid any diseases. In my monogamous case with my DH: I took the Mifepristone (abortion pill to stop the pregnancy process) witnessed by an OBGYN on the 20th of May and the four face cheek pills (two on each side) I took the next day @ home and began bleeding same day. Bled for nearly a week; however the idea is to watch out and wait for the gestational SAC, or fetus where the pregnancy was being formed to expell to know it worked. The SAC resembles that of a silocone material and thin. After the SAC came out, I took a PT test two weeks later and results were neg. Still waiting on period while keeping DH AWAY.

Been considering IUD and other protective methods but why should I ruin my menses cycle any longer. Years ago, Yaz completely messed me up and nearly left me bald. Finally convinced the hubby to have a snip snip (vasectomy) if he wanted to continue humping like rabbits -- he agreed.

Still waiting on period though...
|

replied June 18th, 2013
Ladies. HCG hormones, remains in your system for a while so it Is not beneficial to take a PT, results will probably be + even if not pregnant anymore. If you cannot return for a follow-up, practice abstinence until that bloody mess comes. Don't trust your partner, take initiative to avoid being in this situation alone again.

Also use protection to avoid any diseases. In my monogamous case with my DH: I took the Mifepristone (abortion pill to stop the pregnancy process) witnessed by an OBGYN on the 20th of May and the four face cheek pills (two on each side) I took the next day @ home and began bleeding same day. Bled for nearly a week; however the idea is to watch out and wait for the gestational SAC, or fetus where the pregnancy was being formed to expell to know it worked. The SAC resembles that of a silocone material and thin. After the SAC came out, I took a PT test two weeks later and results were neg. Still waiting on period while keeping DH AWAY.

Been considering IUD and other methods but why should I ruin my menses cycle any longer. Years ago, Yaz completely messed me up and nearly left me bald. Finally convinced the hubby to have a snip snip (vasectomy) if he wanted to continue humping like rabbits -- he agreed.

Still waiting on period though...
|