Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Late period and 2 weeks later bleeding???

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have always had slightly irregular periods (2 or 3 days out here and there) but last month my period was 10 days late and I got very worried. I did 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I went to the doctor to ask about it but my doctor is on holiday so i didn't really get any helpful advice..they sent me off for a blood test but i haven't got any reulsts back yet. About 1 week after my period finished i had a few problems in the morning when i would wake up and go to the toilet then for a could of hours after i would feel like i needed to urinate but couldn't. After about 1 week of this (and 2 weeks after my period had finished) the sensations stopped but then i started to get spotting. The first day there was only a bit of blood when i went to the toilet but nothing significant. However for 2 days now it has been consistent (and sometimes casuing a little stain on my underwear) and the blood has become thicker and more red. It is definately vaginal bleeding but i am scared as to what this could be. I live aroad and am having problems finding anyone to help me as everyone seems to be on holiday! Is it normal to have this bleeding and if so how long should it go on for? I am sexually active and i will get a swab test done as soon as i can but i am very worried at the moment as the bleeding doesn't seem to be going away. there is no pain but is that a good thing or a bad thing??
Did you find this post helpful?
|