Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Last 3 periods very light and brown, start of menopause?

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
Hello

I am 41 years old. I had two children during my 30's. A couple of years ago I had the contraceptive Jadelle implant put in my arm, which I had heard would reduce my monthly periods. Well, my periods pretty much stayed the same, very heavy and sore. But my last three periods have been so very light and brown and less 'grumpiness' than usual......well I think there's less, my husband disagrees hahahaha. And certainly less painful, to a point I would say nearly no pain at all. I would usually get a very sore back and stomach cramps. Would this be the start of menopause? Or something else?

I appreciate your time, thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AnnieFannie
|

replied June 14th, 2013
It's certainly possible that you are beginning peri-menopause. But, you can't be sure unless you have blood work. - The onset of my peri-menopause started when I was 40, and began with crazy periods, bleeding heavy every 2 weeks (I wasn't on any birth control, because I smoked at the time), then they stopped completely for 5 months, then started again, then stopped for the past two years. (I'm not 47).
But, one warning...my initial blood work came back that my hormones were fine. But, the doctor said that you have to know exactly where you are in your cycle for the blood work to be accurate. However, at the time, I was having periods every two weeks, and had no clue where I was in my cycle. - My doctor kept telling me I was too young to be peri-menopausal...which, I eventually found out she was WRONG! That was frustrating...because I was having all the symptoms...anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations, abdominal pain, fatigue, mood swings. But, instead of listening to me, she put me on all kinds of meds.
Good luck...I hope you find out what is going on. - Let me know Smile
|

replied June 14th, 2013
Oh, I forgot to mention the other symptoms...hot flashes, night sweats & insomnia! - The list is so long, and it seems like it's always growing. I get something, and realize that it could be from the hormone imbalance. It's crazy how our hormones can wreak such havoc.
Some women hardly get any symptoms, and others are greatly affected. Sad
|

replied June 14th, 2013
wow, sounds like I'm in for a lot of fun....not! lol Thanks for your reply Smile
|