Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Last period painful and light, now I'm a week late

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Over a month ago my last period almost killed me. I've never felt pain like that. I was in agony and nothing helped and I almost passed out from pain. My period came not long afterwards but it was brownish and much lighter than usual.
Now I'm nearly a week late. It might be due to stress, I moved 2 weeks ago and then the day afterwards my boyfriend of two years left me for another woman. An uglier woman. But that's an issue for another forum.
Anyway, what's going on?Sad I'm usually anywhere between 28-33 days maximum but now I'm up to 35 days and I'm worried I'll get that agonizing pain like last time! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Altered periods with severe pain can be suggestive of sme underlying diseases as Endometritis,Pelvic infection,thyroid disorder etc.
Wait for the periods and if they do not start in a week time consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation as you might require a detailed evaluation.
Take care!

|

replied December 15th, 2011
Thank you so much.
My period finally came after 8 days. It's interesting you mention thyroid because I've had many other symptoms relating to that. Definitely time to go to the doctor to get better!
Thank you again Smile
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.