Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Laser Spine surgery results ?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Has LSI Laser Surge relieved your pain?
Yes
No
100%  100%  [ 2 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
I would like to hear from actual people whe had the surgery at LSI. I will start off with a big yes. Maybe I just lucked out...I don't know. All I do know is it worked to this point in time....2 years and a month as of Sept. From what I have been reading, it does not help everyone and there seems to be a strong pro laser surgery and an anti laser surgery, but its here to stay. But its actual folks who went there I would like to hear from and of course others who had conventional surgery are welcome as I do not "ban" anyone. Has anyone had this surgery in another country and what were the costs??? Stuff like that. Another question...has anyone had failed conventional surgery and THEN had laser surgery and did it work?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2008
Sorry I went to Microspine; it was cheaper. But the surgery was a total success (L4-L5 herniated disc). I don't think there are more than a handful of us on the forum that has actually had spinal laser surgery.

Scott
|

replied January 2nd, 2009
Laser Surgery
Just wondering what you situation is now (Jan 09)? Did you have surgery? Laser or conventional, etc.? And of course the results.

I am contemplating laser (L/4 herniation) and trying to find out more info.
Thanks
Sally
|

replied January 4th, 2009
I just hit one year after my laser surgery to correct a disc herniation at the L4-L5 level and it's been a total success. Which institute are you looking into? If you read through the forums you'll probably find people that advocate one form of surgery over another (conventional vs laser). Depending on the specifics of your case, either methods could be a viable fix for your problem.

Scott
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Laser Spine Crippled My Aunt
they operated on the wrong side and now no one will touch her. she is in a wheel chair. Don't use them. They are owned by a bunch of venture capitalists who want your money and don't care about you. They have a bunch of lawsuits and my aunt is now one of them. They regularly commit medicare fraud and if you are a medicare patient you shouldn't have paid anything because their doctors are medicare providers and medicare sayd that the doctors fee covers both the surgery center and the doctors costs. Call medicare and get your money back. Unfortuantely, my aunt, who raised me is now in tears and 30 grand poorer which for her was most of her retirement money.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
I had a percutaneus laser discectomy. I also had a laminotomy/foraminotomy and destruction by thermal ablations. All in the L3/4,L4/5 AND L5/S1 area. I was told by their contact that I had "better than a 90% chance of success". I'm in more pain now than before. I had it done at the facility in Tampa...
|

replied June 3rd, 2010
Anyone experienced with LSI or MicroSpine lumbar surgery?
I had one laser surgery at LSI nearly 3 yrs ago, which was only marginally successful. The leg pain never went away. I rejected the recommended lumbar fusion surgery and am now moving toward the MicroSpine clinic. Would love to hear from those of you who have experience with either clinic. I'd love to get my money back from LSI. Thanks for responding.
|

replied July 7th, 2010
laser spine surgery
I am also looking for info on micro spine I am mostly laid up in bed I spend 80 to 90% of my time in bed. All I want to do is to go back to work, I am only 45 and no insurance I have been trying to get on disability for the last 8 years but they keep denying me so i cant afford to just hand out money. so I would like any advice that anyone could give me. most of my problems are on my L5 \ S1 I have 6 mm bulge so any info or advice thank you
|

replied November 19th, 2010
PLEASE PLEASE Listen to me when I tell you.Do Not go to any of those microspine laser surgery centers.I had laser surgery at microspine 2 years ago and I am in seriously bad shape.I have since had to have a 2 level fusion.The neurosurgeons that worked on my fusion said that microspine had no business doing the completely useless surgery that they did.After my fusion they said when they went in the area that microspine worked on was completely hacked up with bone and tissue fragments left in and extensive scar tissue from where they were working.Please do not go to any laser spine surgery center.It's not worth it.I lay in pain all day from their failed useless surgery.
|