Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

large white lump with a black dot on vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have a large white lump with a black dot on it on my vagina-should i be concerned and do i need to have it checked out
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
looper,

Probably. It could be from HPV, or genital warts. But, there are other causes of lumps and bumps in the perioneal region, and none are really considered normal.

You should probably have it checked by your physician, just to be sure.

Good luck.
|

replied August 19th, 2011
What does hpv mean
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
looper,

Sorry, HPV is Human Papilloma Virus.

While the majority of the nearly 200 known types of HPV cause no symptoms in most people, some types can cause warts (verrucae), while others can – in a minority of cases – lead to cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina, and anus in women or cancers of the anus and penis in men. It can also cause cancers of the head and neck (tongue, tonsils and throat).

HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer. The Pap test was developed to pick up the pre-cancer changes that HPV can cause in the cervix. This has saved many, many women over the past several decades.

That is why it is very important to get these things checked out.

Good luck.
|
Tags: lump, vagina, vaginal
Quick Reply