Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Large red sores on inner thigh

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hello,

I recently discovered what I am telling myself is a serious rash. Over 100 different sized red bumps on both sides of my inner thighs, no sores on my scrotum or penis, or shaft.
It is very sore when I walk, does not hurt from the air, and I have noticed if cold water touches my anus, it stings a great deal but unfortunately i cant look that far behind me, My girlfriend says it looks very red but there are no sores.

I do not participate in anal sex.
My partner insists that she has not been with anyone else sexually,
and I believe her.

I recently had a kidney stone removed, through the Cystoscopy-Ureteroscopy procedure. I was on an antibiotic for a UTI after the procedure for 10 days, and that was over 3 weeks ago. It does not currently burn when I urinate, and I do not have any back pain.

The rash is not irritated by water, but is much more soothing when it is dry.

And finally, my scrotum is red, but there are no sores anywhere on my scrotum, they end right where my thigh meets my scrotum.

Below is an image of my inner left thigh. I think it is a heat rash, and it has dried up abit, but it isn't clearing up much at all, I have a doctors appointment, but it isn't for a week, I understand no diagnosis can be made from a picture, but I just want some theory's on what you think it may be.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Well, it doesn't sound like it's any kind of STD or bacterial infection as far as what I know. Heat rash or some sort of friction thing, that seems possible. It almost seems like razor burn but if you don't regularly shave then that's not it.

Doesn't seem to incredibly serious... but go see your doc! Tell us how it turns out!
|

replied November 19th, 2008
did you figure it out?
i have the exact same rash on my inner thigh/groin (just not as severe). did you figure out what it was?
|

replied June 16th, 2009
hsv-1 or hsv-2 or another std?
Seriously if you find out what that was it would be great because that is what my genital area looks like when I have an "hsv-2" outbreak, but wanted to get an actual test because valtrex doesn't help me and both the culture and blood test came back negative after the doctors told me I had a classic case of hsv-2
|

replied June 17th, 2009
what was the diagnosis/treatment?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
i had the same exact looking thing on my inner thigh. my question to you would be do you work outside in the heat or workout and sweat alot? I bet if you go to cvs and buy spray for jockitch it will go away in a week. I suffered with it for weeks because i hate the doctors! Google jockitch in women and youll see pics just like this one of you. Hope it helps...it sure did me:)
|

replied June 28th, 2009
rash on groin
looks like jockitch
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Not Jock itch
You guys saying it's jock itch are wrong, it doesn't look like that, there's no border around it and not all of the skin is red, just the bumps.
|

replied August 8th, 2009
why is there no solution !! Sad

I have a similar thing...same kinda bumps started on just my left inner thigh..they spread to right hand side then onto the scrotum and anus. Rather itchy unless dry, very uncomfortable. Thought it was a heat rash at first, keep thinking its fading and then wake up in the morning itching like mad.

Like most of you, too lazy/embarrassed for the doctor but have now made an appointment. Internet diagnosis never works.
|

replied August 9th, 2009
hey so i got the same thing. started using a ointment that has drastically diminished the redness and I'm on the 5th day of using it and its almost all cleared up.

Dovobet ointment
calcipotriol/ betamethasone dipropionate
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2009
Experienced User
my ex used to get rashes like that every so often. when he itched it would get worse but when he just put on baby powder and left it alone for a few days it would go away.
|

replied August 11th, 2009
probably psoriasis
Almost looks like inverse psoriasis (especially considering the location). Go to a doctor, try a topical steriod. It will likely clear up in days with it. Otherwise you will live with it for years and not ever know relief!
|

replied November 28th, 2009
What are the symptoms of prickly heat?

* Tiny red spots, which usually appear on areas of the body where sweat collects, such as the armpits, back, under the breasts, chest, groin, crooks of elbows and knees, and the waist.
* Irritating itch and prickling sensation.
* Redness and mild swelling of the affected area.

What you can do
Treating heat rash is simple and usually does not require medical assistance. Other heat-related problems can be much more severe.

* Wear light, loose-fitting soft clothes. Avoid clothing that traps heat and moisture. Natural fabrics such as cotton are best.
* Stay in cool or air-conditioned, or well-ventilated environments. Use a fan if necessary.
* Take frequent cool baths or showers. Dry yourself thoroughly and dust bland types of powder (such as unperfumed talcum powder) on body creases and affected areas, and use an antiperspirant.
* Apply calamine lotion or prickly rash lotions to soothe the affected areas, but avoid using ointments or creams � they keep the skin warm and moist and may make the condition worse.
* Ask your doctor or pharmacist about using antihistamines or a low-dose steroid cream.
* Do not scratch.
|

replied March 24th, 2010
I have the same rash and I have tried many different thing to try to get it to go away. If it is a heat rash, I thought possibly that it would go away if I use bags of ice on the infected area. So I shaved the region, which is the same as seen in this picture on both sides, and iced the areas after taking a cold shower twice a day. After icing I apply Calamine Lotion and then Calamine Powder. I have been doing this for the past three days and the inching has stopped along with the red dots and the size of the rash. Hopefully it will completely heal and I will be able to sleep through the night once again.
Heat Rash..... duhhh use something cold
|

replied July 9th, 2010
Guys this is a FUNGAL INFECTION. caused from it being a warm moist area for to long. most common causes are from staying in wet clothes for to long...or sweaty clothes.

its not a serious thing just bloody uncomfortable and can spread or blister.

im a Personal trainer and kickboxer so i have had this myself a few times. been to the docs and thats wot they said

TREATMENT: generally most kinds of full spectrum anti-fungal creams (found over the counter at any chemist) will kill the infection. you MUST keep the area dry and clean it with a soap substitute as soap will greatly irritate it. rest up and the less movement and friction the better. Above all KEEP DRY!

even with the anti fungal cream this rash will take some time to heal...so dont expect miracles over nite
|