Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Large Itchy bump on butt crack?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Every so often, I get this one itchy lump near my butt crack that when I itch grows bigger and starts bleeding and pusses after I itch it. It disappears after about 3 days and comes back in 6-8 weeks. First time I got it I thought it was a bug bite but after it came back a second and a third time, I realized this must be something different. It stings and it the most itchiest thing I ever experienced.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2010
Sounds like hemorrhoids...

Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.

Medical treatment of hemorrhoids is aimed initially at relieving symptoms. Measures to reduce symptoms include:

-tub baths several times a day in plain, warm water for about 10 minutes
-application of a hemorrhoidal cream or suppository to the affected area for a limited time
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply