Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Large Hemorrhoid and Rock Climbing.

User Profile
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I signed up because I regularly have these little critters nesting themselves on the outside of my anus. I had one come out yesterday. Of course, it starts it's life as a 'pea size' and always get's bigger! Mine is quite large at present. This is nothing unusual. I usually just sit back, relax and enjoy this wonderful experience these little critters give you.

My question however, is in regards to my recreational habits while suffering from a hemorrhoid. I'm a hard rock climber. Can rock climbing worsen the effects of an external hemorrhoid. I imagine it would. I know bowel movements etc worsen it, however, strenuous physical activity I imagine would worsen it as well? If anything it makes me forget it's there but too much of a good thing is bad from experience. Probably a stupid question, but there's no harm in asking.

What can one do to help moderate the symptoms of a large hemorrhoid without going to a doctor.

Cheers sunny
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2013
Experienced User
No rock climbing shouldn't aggravate the condition. The way hemorrhoids work is when you push during your bowel movements it is actually making the veins in the mucous membrane in the rectal area larger and larger almost like a balloon if we used a simile. So the opposite behavior actually is the cure. Do not push/strain on the toilet. If you are constipated then I would suggest increasing fiber. However, this alone might not do the trick. Using a hemorrhoids cream or using witch haze should help reduce the swelling and deal with the pain that can sometimes accompany with a hemorrhoid. That being said if your hemorrhoid doesn't recede in a couple of weeks I suggest going to the doctor.

Best of luck.
|

replied April 20th, 2014
use novel to treat ua problem.if real u need it contanct me
|
Quick Reply