Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

lab tests for HBV ?

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
I was tested HBV positive last year and went through a complete blood test and ultra-sound. I was told that my
1 AST, ALT was normal,
2. HBeAG was negative, HBeAb was positive
3. HBV DNA was undetectable.
4. ultra-sound was normal.
5. I was possibly infected when I was a child.

Now it is time for me to do semiannual tests. I am wondering what tests I need to do this time. I don't see any reason to do HBsAg again. Help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2008
Doctor
It is very important to check your HBs-Ag again. Last year you might had acute B-hepatitis. By checking the HBs-Ag again we can find out if your immune system cleared the virus completely or you have become chronically infected.
You can consult some infectologist about this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?