Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

L5 S1 herniated disc

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am a 31 year old male who works for a electrical company in NYC, I hurt my back on the job , went for a MRI and found out i had two herniated disc L5 & S1. I had the worst leg pain and drop foot on my right side, I went for a laminectomy done in 2009 and responded good, the leg pain was gone and so was the drop foot, i went back to work and was much more careful, But about a month ago i bent down the wrong way and i got a server back pain. I can not stand up straight i walk crooked. I don't have any leg pain or drop foot, but bad back pain. it has'nt gotten better or worse, When i had the laminectomy done in 2009 the doctor seemed to think in the future i would need a spinal fusion. I can barley walk with out being hunchted over. Being i don't have any leg pain i am not sure what i should do, Any advice? has anyone on this board had a spinal fusion, i have heard stories of bad and good, any advice will help thanks.

Chris
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2011
Chris,
Make a report of this injury to your work and get back to a Doctor. Sounds like you may have injured another joint higher up. If a fusion is necessary, don't sweat it. Let a pro handle it as you did before. Fusions are pretty common now and done a lot of times along with a laminectomy.
Good Luck,
Warmil
|

replied March 19th, 2012
same thing happened to my dad, hurt his back and he was walking hunch back for nearly half a year. He went to some chinese accupunturist/accupressurist (refered by friend) only one session and was walking normally thr very next day! really weird.
|

replied March 20th, 2012
Herniated Disc
Hope your back is on the mend. I had IDD Therapy spinal decompression in the UK, it's non-surgical and as it's in America you might find someone who does it. Good luck. Caroline
|