Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

L4-L5 steroid injection

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hello,
I am a 16 year suffer of back pain and I am only 29 years old! I received bilateral injections in my l4-l5 disk today around 11:30am. I feel like i got a flu shot in my back. I am looking for people who have received relief and I am also looking for what time of things i should avoid for the next day. I have a big weekend starting friday night and hoping to be up and running. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2009
Hi, I have had these injections myself. I have found over the years of having these that each one works to a differing degree. Sometimes they help a great deal then other times not at all!

Concidering that you have only had one today you should make sure you have someone with you for the next 24 hours or so. Just to be there incase you need them as sometimes the effect of the injections can create a weakness in the legs. Do not drive or lock doors when going to the bathroom and such other things.

Really you should just take it easy and see how it goes. Usually I have found that the relief from it can take upto 7-14 days! So in so far as your weekend that is planned just work with how you feel and don't push yourself too far during this time.

Hope that you find relief nd have a good weekend!
|

replied October 15th, 2009
thank you for the reply. I woke up this morning feeling so much better and i have to be in work but i am therapist and my work is not strenuous. Thank you for the advice. My plan is to take it easy tonight.
Thanks!
|

replied February 1st, 2010
steroid injections
I have 3 herniated discs in my back ( L4, L5 & S1 ). L5 is also fractured which is called a 'Free Fragment'. I have had all types of pain pills, morphine injections, toradal injections. NOTHING worked. I finally decided to have steroid injections. To date, I have have a total of 5. They seem to last about 5-6 months. This is the ONLY thing that helps me. I do have side effects which include excessive hunger, chronic hiccups, water retention and insomnia. With all the side effects, this is the only treatment that helps.
|