Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Kratom for opiate withdrawal (Page 1)

I'm looking into kratom for pain relief and I keep hearing that its excelent for opiate withdrawal. This is not something I have experience with, but if it helps anyone else then I'm happy to pass on the information.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sl500amg
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
Yes it's great for pain and withdrawels although it too can be habit forming.
|

replied April 8th, 2011
Kratom for opiate withdrawl
I agree I started doing research on Kratom to come off my Fentanyl (50mg patch) and Oxy's (25-40 5mg) A DAY addiction (which was out of control!!) I knew the second I took off my F Patch I was going to be in for a long long ride. I have done it before and wouldn't advise EVER trying to go off of Fentanyl without tapering down.
Well anyways I ordered my Kratom (Bali) and the day I got it in the mail I took my patch off, no more pills and started Kratom. Honestly I couldn't believe I was not having any wd's at all!!! BUT after 3 weeks on it I had a horrible time trying to sleep and I said I'm done with all of this crap!!!
You definatly WILL have withdrawls, but they wont be as severe as if you went off drugs CT. I guess if you don't have that bad of an addiction it wouldn't be to bad if you just did a little and tapered off. I went a little to crazy on K and I knew if I didn't get a grip I would be just as addicted to K as the narcotics.
|

replied March 24th, 2012
Wow, Fentanyl, been there! About the same as Heroin...but KRATOM! IT WILL HELP YOU THROUGH WITHDRAWLS! I was the skeptic of the century till' I tried it and was blown away...but you are so right, one can get hooked on it...so watch yourself!
|

replied May 17th, 2012
kratom question
Would love to kno your recommended ideas for daily dosage and route of consumption. Thinking of ordering some but completely lost!
|

replied December 13th, 2012
kratom
go to gokratom.com and get the premium bali . its cheap and effective . just toss a half teaspoon of powder in your mouth and wash it down with some juice. it CAN get addictive .
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Kratom habit forming
Definitely habit forming! I am on my 3rd day of the w/d from Kratom and I feel so so today. The first two days of the w/d are H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! No sleep, muscle spasms, urge to move limbs when laying down, constant chills, heart pounding like a brick and then depression sets when the w/d wears off slowly. I feel like my body is missing something and I keep taking tylenol (every 4 hrs) and smoking cigarettes to make up for the missing "feeling" that I had when I did Kratom. So yes it is addictive and yes the w/d hurts after long term usage just like any medicine! I would suggest that you take Kratom moderately just when the w/d feels terrible from the opiates. Use it to get through your w/d and then QUIT THE KRATOM I CANNOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS. Kratom will ruin your life, waste all of your money and you will eventually not feel the high anymore you will be taking it just to make it through the day!
|

replied July 18th, 2013
I think it comes down to this: You are determined to get off opiates/opioids, so you don't want to create a new addiction to Kratom. So, like you say, the smarter strategy is to use the least kratom as you can to "take the edge off the withdrawal", but not fall in love with kratom and start escalating the dose, chasing the high. Keep the major goal in mind of getting off the potentially fatal opiates. Use Kratom as a tool, don't end up getting USED by it.
|

replied November 11th, 2009
Kratom for opiate withdrawal
Just want to throw my 2 cents.

I've had an opiate problem for about 6 years now. I've been an addict ever since the 2nd time I experienced them.

I had a habit of about 300mg Morphine about 1.5 times a day. I also regularly spiked my high with smoking Fentanyl, or supplementing with Dilaudid, and when I could find them, oxy.

I managed to spend 2 days in full-blown opiate withdrawals before I started at a Methadone clinic.

Now that is a pretty debatable course to take, as many will say you will be on Methadone the rest of your life. I just want to say that it SAVED my LIFE. I had already overdosed and clinically died once, so I needed to give up the lifestyle of it all. As most of you know that have had addictions, they come with MUCH baggage.

You gotta visit sources, you gotta make friends with a bunch of boring ass old people and stay and listen to their stories just to get a supply. You're paranoid all the time, especially when you're dealing. It's just too stressful of a lifestyle for ANYONE that doesn't have a legitimate physical condition.

Sorry to go astray, but I just feel this info was important in order to relay my info more reliably.

Methadone DID save my life. For the first time in years, I gained weight (almost like I was at a healthy weight), I looked so much better, and had a much more enthusiastic, optimistic look on life. But after 2 years, decided to detox. I weaned my dosage from 120mg down do 15mg (a day), then went cold turkey.

Worst mistake I ever made. This was definitely setting me up for failure. BUT, I made it through and spent a good month or so clean as a whistle....but then I started up on the Poppy Pod Tea.

I was no stranger to this, but had forgotten the absolute strength these arrangements hold. It's a great feeling, lasts FOREVER, and is cheap. The perfect opiate for an opiate lover. The problem with this is that I managed to turn a recreational start into a habit that has been going on for about...3 months now.

I'm on hour ~48 of Poppy Tea (about 10 jumbos a day) detox and had forgotten the extreme hell I went through on the methadone detox. I do NOT wish methadone detox on my worst enemy. It is seriously that bad. Due to the extremely long half-life of methadone (~12hrs) it tends to linger in your system that much long, although initial symptoms are not *quite* as bad as a shorter-acting opioids, but lasts MUCH MUCH longer. I felt like PURE ABSOLUTE DOODOO for about 2 weeks.

You may be wondering where I'm going with all of this, which leads me to the topic, KRATOM.

I read up on this wonderleaf last week. Found a vender and got my 110g of Maeng Da Monday. I had about ~200mg opium Monday night (I usually dose in the morn) after holding myself that day with Kratom. I used about 20g total to feel better, but it was much better than full blown withdrawal symptoms.

Since then, (today is Wednesday) I've had no opiates(not counting Kratom), no benzos (which were vital with methadone detox), and have only experience the "electricity" and "uncontrollable limbs" type feelings where I want to throw my limbs everywhich way, just to get the energetic and intense anxiety out of my body.

I've been able to get to sleep the past 2 nights, but I wake up after a few hours and can't go back to sleep. But if I didn't have Kratom, I probably wouldn't sleep at all.

The reason I decided to try Kratom to detox was kind of a self-induced drug trial type thing for myself. I am ready to quit opiates, which mindset is a HUGE thing when it comes to addiction. It's more mind over matter than anything. And I keep looking at it like a week of HELL for a lifetime of NORMALCY. Which sounds like a good tradeoff.

Kratom has allowed me to detox from a medium sized (this time around...) opiate addiction basically cold turkey.

I have NO desire to use Kratom recreationally and really don't notice any effect from it except for NOT noticing severe opiate withdrawal symptoms.

I don't see Kratom as something someone could abuse to the point of addiction, but as a previous poster said, it is completely possible...but I just don't see it happening as if you can get Kratom, you can get better stuff. It's really not worth the money, unless you're in opiate withdrawal, when it then becomes a basic detox substance that allows you to go to work. And it's not like the Kratom is "covering up" my feelings, it feels like my symptoms are legitimately being controlled to the point of an easier withdrawal.

I'm going to whittle down my Kratom and stop using it next week, as I believe by this weekend, the worst symptoms will hopefully have resided.

If anyone has been putting off detoxing from opiates because of fear of withdrawals, you can take my story SERIOUSLY as one with credibility, as I am currently experiencing the benefits. And it's been 2 days, so I KNOW this stuff is working.

I had problems finding someone that had a decent sized opiate habit praise Kratom with helping with withdrawals, so was skeptical of whether it would help me or just not be enough. But it IS!

Don't put it off anymore, and DO IT! You can start on Friday after work. Don't dose on Friday. That day start on Kratom. By the time Monday comes around, hopefully, the worst of your symptoms will be GONE! Of course, everyone's body is different, but I think this probably applies to most people withdrawing from short-acting opioids.

Peace Out.
|
Users who thank bulletproofair for this post: clt1973 

replied May 6th, 2011
kratom VS-Methodone OPIOTES WITHDRAWL
how much kratom have you used each dose. my husband started his withdrawl with the same story as yours and started his kratom lastnight and feels like crap! and says its not working. i wasent sure if he is taking enough i think he takes about 2 tablespoons in a 2 cup glass and just drinks it. any ideas because he/we dont want him on opiates or methodone anymore. and rehab clinics are just not in our budget?thank you
|

replied March 24th, 2012
Excellent post....Saboxone saved my life just like methadone did for you...I don't care if you find your cure in a mud puddle....if it works for you, more power to ya. Kratam is an exhalent remedy for the worst of the withdrawals...and like you pointed out, if you really want to get clean don't make Kratom a habit...treat it like a close friend that is staying at your house for a week....otherwise, if your withdrawals are bad enough you might out of desperation decide to go see a doctor
and get laughed at like I did...as I handed them money
as I have no insurance....Kratom! The opiod addicts best friend! It works!
|

replied September 2nd, 2013
Not feelin it
I completely agree that for some reason on some individuals it works wonders, but when I take a dose, I feel nothing except severe cotton mouth. but it DOES take away withdrawal 110%
|

replied November 15th, 2009
To ALL HEROIN/METHADONE/FENTANYL
To all who mess around with Opiate
I am an opiate addict/Heroin addict myself and I am trying to detox myself. Ive done it before and it sucks but I know it has to be done. My reason for writing this is simple. My cousin died 4 months ago today from the use of coming off methadone, and shooting fentanyl. He was 24 and wanted to quit. To all of those who use fentanyl, by smoking it eating it, cooking, it mainlining it, it is DEADLY, please get help. He was only 24
|

replied November 24th, 2009
I'm posting again to follow up on opiate detox with Kratom.

I've detoxed fully from opiates. I had a HORRIBLE debilitating headache for about 2 days, after the first 6 initial days of detox with Kratom.

I am clean now, I feel AMAZING, and have already managed to save a good amount of money just in the 2 weeks I've been clean.

So Kratom DOES ease the withdrawal symptoms about %50. Just to make it simple, if I didn't have kratom the first week, I would not be clean now.

I stopped taking Kratom about 5 days ago and have experienced no bad symptoms of withdrawal from that. I've had a somewhat somber, but more optimistic, outlook on life. Kinda depressed I suppose, but going through this kind of a thing on your own will undoubtedly bring about feelings like these any way you cut it.

So I do not condone any of the activities I posted, nor do I engage in them anymore. But if I were having opiate problems and wanted to truly be clean (basically if you're using opiates to maintain as opposed to getting high) then I fully recommend Kratom to help with detox.

Just always be careful, as opiate detox (with or without drugs to help) can even cause heart issues and may result in death. But just become educated on your situation before you take any drastic measures.

Good luck to the ones who need it most.
|
Users who thank bulletproofair for this post: wishicouldgetoffoxycontin  Bikhuk 

replied April 28th, 2011
I see u post this over 2 years ago it was very helpfull to me and right now i ned all the help i can get i'v tryed to get off oxycotin 80m 4 times a day and i just can't handle the withdrawls cause i have kids and it kill me for them to see me go thru that it also kills them cause they think im going to die in front of them and they wont sleep waching me allnight as i rock back and forth tieing my arms ans legs with anything i can find u no the deal don't need to explain but i just got my kratom today im not sure how to take it but ill keep surching and reading what ever i can on the internet to help me.Thank u so much for ur post some people dont realize that post like u put mean the world to people like me. god bless u.i hope ur still clean
|

replied July 31st, 2011
thanks man,I've been maintaining on 24mg of subutex(buprenorphine),for 3 yrs,this time,and thought I might never find a break!thanks for the hard work,but mostly sharing.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
these posts are very helpful, ive been addicted to a lot of different opiods and opiate like substances for example Kratom, unfortunately it has really ruined my life and sometimes i just want to end it all, i have a beautiful girlfriend who is completely oblivious to my addiction and believe me thats a hard thing to keep hidden from someone you love, I want to quit so bad its not even funny any more ive tried a thousand and three times with little success ill make it you know like a monyth or two clean and then all of a sudden bam im back in the fray and the pain i think its the boredom that keeps addicts coming back to substances but that is just my theory of the whole matter. what would yall sugest as the best way to detox copletly without using any other drugs and still being able to function like go to work function and not just puke all over yourself and lie in bed moaning for god to kill you?
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Kratom = headaches and high BP
I began using hydrocodone for pain management and, as recently as two years ago, was using a very manageable 20-30 mg per day. Long story short, last week I ran out of my 300+ mg per day dosage. For those of you who find this difficult to believe, I must clarify that I was NOT taking the Rx stuff with acetaminophen/Tylenol. My doctor had prescribed 60 mg caps of pure hydro from a compounding pharmacy and I was taking five or six of these a day. Actually, to be honest, I suppose "consuming" would be a more accurate term since I was swallowing the contents of the capsule and eliminating the "time release" function.

Due to the high dosage, I was unable to sleep through the night; I would awaken around 3 a.m. with WD symptoms. (This is reportedly why Michael Jackson was using the surgical anesthesia.)

Kratom definitely controls the worst symptoms of WD and has allowed me to abstain from prescription opiates for the past week. The only negative effect I've noticed is an increasingly severe headache the morning after. I am susceptible to migraines and the pain from these "kratom headaches" is about half as bad ... in other words, quite painful.

So my conclusion is that Kratom is great for kicking your opiate habit but I, for one, cannot remain on kratom long-term and wouldn't want to.

An added warning about kratom and high blood pressure: some information reports that kratom lowers blood pressure but -- on my most recent trip to my pain management physician -- my vital signs revealed quite the opposite effect. My blood pressure, to my knowledge, has never been high yet after taking about 10 grams of kratom throughout the morning my diastolic (the bottom number) exceeded 120 at my 1:30 appointment. This provides yet another reason to, as a last resort, utilize kratom for withdrawal symptoms but not remain on it.
|
Users who thank WyoLesbo for this post: misobod 

replied August 25th, 2010
detoxing from 300mg oxycontin a day with no withdrawals!
I'm addicted to 300mg a day of oxycontin following my brain surgery. The pain was horrific after having my head cut open. I'm now 3 days off opiates and am not experiencing ANy Withdrawals!!! I've been taking baclofen and it works! 3 days of no Wd's I feel fine. I also ordered ibogaine which I will take in a few days. The baclofen is a wonder drug for WDs. I feel great!!!!!
|

replied November 18th, 2012
Hey I saw your post and pretty desribes my situation. I want to stop oxys so bad and my addiction is getting worse by the day. Im getting very desperate. Ive only been takong oxys for 2 years at one a day. Recently over the last 2 months Ive been taking 2 a day now im starting to take 3 a day. I have access to Baclofen. Did it really help? Abyny response would be so appreciated. I hope everything is working out for you.
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Hi I am a 25 year old male and find myself reading these different forums all the time. I have been using opiates for about two years and started snorting them just over a year ago... I want nothing more in my life then to be clean and have my life back... I sometimes think I am just a waste of a human life, I have giving up everything to get high but i dont even get high i just maintain i seriously spend atleast 1k a week on drugs.. I cry myself to sleep, i am crying now, i pray for help and ask for forgivness i am honest with people, i have detoxed before and hate it so much and the depression afterwoards kills me.. i dont know what to do anymore i never thought this would happen to me and dont wish this pain on anyone.. what works to help get over the withdrawls? what can i do? please anyone?
|

replied April 28th, 2011
I no what u r going thru there is some emny sulution out there sorry im not the best speller but look read by the grace of god i no he will help u if he diden't already i do the same thing try so hard to do cold turky and swear to god say the same thing ur saying i don't wish this feeling on my worst enemy i feel some times ill never get off and i give up after a few days cause i have kids and it kills me and them to see me go thru that thers some meny new things now a days just keep trying never give up cause realy sit and think its not the worst thing in the world that can happen to you i allways think this to my self that its not a big deal its a small problem and eventuly it will be fixed i just have to keep trying never give up theres allways hope at the end of the tunel and i need to go back to school and learn how to spell lmao take care god bless u i no u can do this if u diden't already
|

replied May 17th, 2011
Withdrawing
I used Suboxone to get off opiates.It was the only thing that worked after many years of heroin and trying a methadone clinic for 2 years - yes, hellish to get off.I started with 12 mgs then gradually weaned off after a year. Now I don't even have cravings. Of course I'm sure putting my life completely in God's hands is keeping me clean and motivated now. Finally! Don't give up mrtee!
|

replied September 8th, 2010
Kratom is best taken with cannabis preferably indica strain,great great pain killer,i suffer from ibd and this herb has been great substitute from codeine. im also going to try and get my uncle to detox from his opiate addiction,fingers crossed. pretty expensive from most vendors
|

replied September 8th, 2010
mrtee,
Your life is worth living! It just doesn't feel like it when we are addicted to opiates. I'm glad that kratom is working for so many people to help them detox. Mrtee, have you looked into iboga or ibogaine? One dose resets the brain and eliminates all withdrawals from opiates. There are many sites on iboga/ibogaine and youtube videos. It's a miraculous root that is curing addiction! Please check it out. Your life is precious. Know that there is help out there! Sending you a big hug~~
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2010
stay the hell away from methadone if you can ...as i have been on it 10 yrs and now im loosing hair always constipated and actually addicted to it in my opinion just trading 1 drug for a far worst one in my opinion
|

replied January 6th, 2011
following up to my previous post as pastkratomuser
I posted the post by Kratompastuser and I want to say that yes, it is very good to help get off opiates as long as it is not used long-term. Kratom feels exactly like a pain medication when not w/d'ing! I am not saying it is not an awesome help for opiate users but I am saying that it has a high potential for abuse for opiate users.
The withdrawal is 1000 times worse than any opiate withdrawal I have EVER gone through when quitting Kratom. I was doing 150x liquid extract all day long for months and if I didn't have my Kratom withdrawals would kick in within 4 hours of my last dose. I finally quit after forgetting to place my order on time and I knew I would not be receiving my package overnight. I sat and cried when I realized it wasn't coming in (because the w/d is terrible and I knew I would be feeling it within hours) and it was at that moment I knew I had to quit. It took 4 days to completely stop withdrawing. On the 4th day I received some tramadol that I ordered online through the mail and it helped me sleep and get through the depression for the following weeks after.
I had sleeping problems for about a month and depression for 6 months. Kratom is no joke I promise. It will ruin you if you make it a habit. It is an expensive habit. It looks cheap at first but you have to use more and more to even feel high or to just get rid of the dt's. It was costing me $48.00 every two days (not including the cost for overnight shipping add $15) and it ruined my life for a while.
All I want to say is when using this drug PLEASE be careful. DO NOT ABUSE! Do some research and know what you are getting in to.
|

replied June 9th, 2011
OKAY Guys.. Anyway. I was in the Marines and over in Iraq .. Yeah boo hoo right. Got hit with an IED and it smashed my face. only 4 months later bought a brand new Honda CBR 1000 RR wrecked it tons of bone loss etc. Marines are Adrenaline Junkies. Anyway. Used lots of drugs being in a "wounded marine outpatient hospital". We all traded meds and so forth.

But I got tired of it and found a cool Syrian dude at a HEAD SHOP selling KRATOM to these navy cats. I mixed it in some kool aid instead of tea... BAM! Ton of bricks. Felt great and used it for awhile. Then got married, had another bike accident (marriage killing me the most), rock climbing fall and been on 100mg morphine for awhile then 80mg oxy along with norco and other stuff 5 years now till 2 days ago. Im on my 2nd day of withdraw cause Im done with living life out of a bottle. I did my research on kratom to opiate withdraw. Even though Wikipedia is somewhat B.S... They know a lot. And it is proven that the alkaloids within it can stop Opiate withdraw. Just realize this..

We are all different, all have different chemisty, what works for some will not work for others, what addicts some folks will not be as bad for others. I never had a KRATOM withdrawl. But thats me. I say this. If your on pain killers, ... WAY WAY BETTER to be addicted to KRATOM than that synthetic crap the FDA thinks is ok. Never heard of a KRATOM addiction epidemic have you? Plus aside from KRATOM potentially being addictive... It has so many alkaloids in it that are very very healthy for your blood, liver, kidneys and heart. Stick to the natural stuff man... How you think the Asians have longer lifespans than anyone here in America.?
|

replied July 31st, 2011
Well all you have very similiar stories and very informational!
I too have been strung out on every combination my doctors could dream up and now its time to pay the piper I guess. I was seriously injured in 1986 on a construction site and have had every for of pin killer prescribed to treat? thanks sounds rather oxymoron doesn't. I have a "Pain" Management Dr and I am sure he thinks they have helped, but they hve also sent me to HELL!!!!!!
After discussing stopping the Meds, all I get for 10+ years are take one pill less each week and some Clonidine (Not sue of spelling, too lazy to get bottle)
I found Kratom info online and order it and hope it comes on monday/tuesday, because right now I am inpure agony after 2-days of extremely hellish withdrwals. I am sick, chest pounding, sweats, nuasea, etc... ya'all know the routine, please tell me Kratom does what I read for helping with withdrwals!!!!!!!! I order 4gram 15X capsules, because I nothing of leafs, popwder, etc... I am I headed the right road???
BigJack
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 17th, 2011
Worried Kratom will not work for Oxycontin withdrawal!!! Help!!
First off, thank you all so very much for your input regarding this matter. I know that it is not an easy thing to discuss, seeing as though, in order to post it on this forum, we all must have, at some point, realized that we are in fact addicts. So again, Thank you, and God bless us all. My fiance and I have been abusing 30mg rapid release oxycontin pills for nearly a year now. It began with a half a pill a night (15mgs ea.) for the first couple of months. Then, it wasn't enough!! Eventually, it led to a nightly habit of consuming 120mg each (that's 4 30mg pills each per night); costing us $120 every day. Sadly, this addiction has caused us to blow through our savings, which we were using for our wedding, that we have since had to call off because of this horrible addiction. Another reason that I am horribly ashamed is because I recently graduated from nursing school this past June. Being addicted to oxycontin has prevented me from getting a job simply because 1.) I dont want to fail the drug screen & 2.) I cannot be around those pills and actually risk taking them from those who actually need it. Obviously, this has destroyed mine and my fiances lives for the time being; as I am sure many of you can empathize with. We finally decided that enough was enough, however, could not take the withdrawals as they were sheer torture. A friend of ours told us about Kratom as an alternative method to curbing withdrawal symptoms. Well...it is currently the middle of day 4 of the process. In other words; we haven't used oxycontin in 4 days and have been substituting with Kratom to control withrdrawal symptoms. So far, the withdrawal has been tolerable; however, i decided to try and abstain from the kratom today and it was absolutely unbearable!!!! My original plan was to stop the oxy's, and use Kratom for a week to control withdrawals, and hopefully be done with this awful substance. What I'm worried about is, once the Kratom regimen is complete (in 2-3 more days); Am I just going to be back at square one because of withdrawal from Katom? Or is 1 weeks worth of use not enough to precipitate a withdrawal from kratom? If anyone can help with my worries please feel free to reply. In closing, as a nurse, I want all of you to know that I read your stories and truly appreciate all of them. Social stigma implies that addiction only happens to bad, outcasted, downtrodden people. As we all know it effects EVERYONE!!!!!! You are all terrific people for helping one another!! This is very similar to what occurs at NA meetings; everyone tells their story and seeks support from those who have undergone the same troubles. God bless you all, and I hope all is well for each and everyone of you!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Kratom and me.
Here is my 2 cents. I have been a opiate dabbler for about 5 years. Heroin[smoking], pills, and at times Methadone. I have never been on big amounts. Started recreationally and then moved on to daily use to feel normal. At my worst i still was on low does of whatever i was using. I even went on subs for about 3 months once and coming off of those was really the worst. Because i had a mild or light addiction i even tried the thomas recipe for withdrawl and that worked to get me over the hump. I have never been to detox. I have never been to re-hab. I work. I take care of my friends and family. I am reliable and well respected. All this drug use has been in secret and if some people i know found out i would be so ashamed. I have threw my hands up over the years and said enough is enough and detoxed. My issue has not been physical but mental. Bad gloom and doon depression that i cannot stand. I have never been through the terrible symptoms i read about coming off opiates but i have never really,totally stopped. I have always taken something to get myself through the depression. I finally tried kratom and find it a total blessing. It makes me feel happy, energized, optimistic and yes, slightly buzzed. I have been taking it on and off the last month due to the fact that my pill of choice has been about 5-10 mil of methadone for the last 6 months[the only thing i can get on the black market and cheap.] After reading about the hell of methadone withdrawl online and on blogs i was scared to death of stopping and needed to try something else to ease me out. I felt no withdrawel symptoms at all on kratom. I plan on using kratom for a short period and also spreading out my dose and slowy weening off kratom.From what i understand it can be addictive too but the come off is much easier than opiates. I take about 5-6 grams once a day and feel really good. Sometimes i do a little more at night. Now as far as being pricey? I tend to spend little amounts several times and that is my problem because it adds up. Best to bu in bulk and save. I purchase the fine powder bali-premium kratom. I mix 5 or 6 grams[ 2.5 teaspoons] in 6 ounces of grapefruit juice. shake it up in a bottle for 5 minutes and drink it down. Bitter and a little gritty but not that bad. Good luck to all. This stuff works and can and will save you from the ball and chain of opiate dependence.
|

replied October 6th, 2011
I took kratum to avoid withdrawals. my friend told me to take 2 or 3 capsules. well, I took 3, thinking that 2 wouldnt be enough, and like everyone else, I was fearful of the w/ds... anyway, it worked great, gave me energy and put me in a good mood. I cant say I felt high... but these were the downfalls ( i have only dosed with kratum 3 times) I felt a heavy feeling in my chest.. almost scary, something I have never felt with a high dosage of oxy, and also my peripheral vision was compromised, which was also scary. It got super blurry for about 3 to 4 hours. which caused some serious paranoia about what I was seeing out the corner of my eye since my vision was so messed up. but def felt no w/d's... which is the most important part. I weigh about 125 lbs and 2 capsules a.m. 2 capsules p.m works better than my initial 3 at a time. hope it helps.. opiate addiction sucks. I was on oxys for 3 years and finally got clean, stayed clean for 13 weeks. and got back on for a month, then used kratum for first time a few days ago. but that is as far as i am letting this relapse go. between my small regimen of 2 subotex and about 20 capsules kratum.. i should be alright. I have only been messing around with oxys again for 4 weeks.. and only using 2 a day... during my 3 year stretch I was at 10 a day. so the withdrawals were super hard core without some serious stocking up of some help meds ahead of time. the fear i lived in was horrible. this time I am thinkin this will be cake. ... I HOPE>..
|