Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Know The Top Healthy Eating Tips

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
Did you know that the food you eat can have a massive impact on your health, energy and levels and vitality and almost all areas of your life? Here are the top healthy eating tips for you to know:
-Hydrate, drink more water. 1L for every 24kg of body weight
-Eat breakfast! Make time for the most important meal of the day! Gluten free cereal, protein smoothie or eggs
-Eat Vegetables! Important to eat as many different colours as possible and at least include them with lunch and dinner
-Try and limit foods that require packaging, fresh are ALWAYS best.
-Try and eat protein with most meals, it will keep you full for longer so you won’t eat as much. Protein = eggs, meat, chicken, fish, cheese, nuts & seeds
-Choose low GI carbohydrates, GI = Glycemic Index. They will keep you full for longer and cause less blood sugar & energy fluctuations
-Keep portion sizes down by choosing smaller plates and using your hand to measure, palm is equivalent to protein, 2 handfuls = vegetables, 1 small handful carbohydrates if necessary
-Eat as much variety as possible to ensure you receive nutrients from many different sources
-Eat a 2 pieces of fruit per day including berries for their high antioxidant content.
-Increase good fat in your diet by sprinkling seeds on salads or adding to smoothies, using flaxseed oil as salad dressing, having a small handful of nuts each day and eating more oily fish such as fresh tuna.

Hope this my first post helped you a lot. I'm a nebie here.

It's my pleasure to meet all of you here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Eat a wide range of foods to ensure that you’re getting a balanced diet and that your body is receiving all the nutrients it needs.
|
Did you find this post helpful?