Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Knot under skin cancer ?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Found a knot today under my skin. Hurts a little from messing with it now for a while. I felt of both arms and this is the only one I have found. It is under the skin but if I hold my skin taught you can see it's rise. It doesnt seem to move at all when I push on it. My flabby arm skin is moving but the knot seems to be stationary.
Any ideas???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Where is exactly located?
|

replied April 1st, 2008
Did you get my reply????
I replied but don't see it. Did you get it?
|

replied April 1st, 2008
Replying again
Okay, I will try this one more time. It is on the inner aspect of my left arm, proximal to the lateral side of my left breast. It is the size of large pea and hurts when you touch it. It does not move much. There is no color or head to it. If I hold my skin taught you can see it under my skin so I believe it is subcutaneous. I showed it to a friend of mine yesterday and oddly enough, she showed me hers. Same place, same texture, same pain, same amount of movement, but hers was the size of a nickel. She had an ultrasound done and hers was a Calcium deposit, so now I don't know if I should follow-up on it.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It will be a good idea this to be checked by a doctor.
Even, if it is a calcification, a non cancerous growth, the doctor should look at the size and shape of the calcification. If it appear suspicious, additional examinations may be needed.

Please, write to me back!
Marija
|

replied April 14th, 2008
Knot
I will have my primary look at it next week during my check up. It seemed to have gotten a very small amount smaller but I can't be for certain.
Thanks for the advise. Ill keep you posted.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
mnm7273!
Have you been to a doctor already?
Do you have some new informations about the knot?
Has it changed in a meantime?
|

replied May 8th, 2008
Knot
No I have not followed up yet on it. I know I should have but I am a fulltime RN student and I also work full time at the local hospital. And this is why I should know better! It is still there seems about the same size maybe a little smaller. Still hurts when I press on it. I will look at my calendar and see what I can pencil in.
Thanks for your concern!
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
And, please, inform me if you get examined soon!
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Calcium deposit or cancerous tumor
I have a light blueish green knot on my shoulder/neck area it feels like it's between the skin and fat layer. it's about the size of a pea and it hurts when messed with. iv had it for years it's gotten bigger but not alot. I haven't gotten it checked out yet and my parents aren't worried about it because they suggusted it was a calcium deposit. So my question is I don't rele drink milk and when I do I don't drink much so why would my body take what little calicum intake I get and waste it by making a knot how do I know it's not a tumor good or bad. How do I know it's actually a calcium deposit
|

replied January 20th, 2011
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
I HAVE A HARD KNOT I MY CHEST AD ON MY HEAD.. BEEN GETTING THEM ALL OVER M BODY.
|

replied March 17th, 2011
knot under skin
I have a knot on my upper/outer arm... I thought it was a spider bite. It has a puncture hole(at least that's what it looks like, could be a seriously large pore? LOL ) At first it was super sensitive to the touch, not even pushing on it, but barely brushing the surface of the skin...Then it turned sort of purple-ish, looked like a bruise and felt like a bruise. Now (about a month after I first noticed it) the purple is gone, the knot and 'puncture hole' is still there... The knot is about the size of a nickel. It doesn't hurt really anymore, unless I press hard on it.... Does cancer come like this!?? What does a calcium deposit look/feel like? and will this go away!?? Are there any spider bites that resemble this?
|

replied March 18th, 2011
Hi,

Many people wonder if small bumps or lumps on the body are something to worry about. Most lumps and swellings are benign and are harmless, especially the kind that feel soft and roll easily.

Thanks
|
Quick Reply