Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

knot on rib cage

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have had this knot on my rib cage for almost 2 years. Typically I wouldn't even notice from day to day. Its the size of an olive. But the times that it bothers me the most is when I sleep, if I sleep lying on my right side. Or if some one bumps onto me or touches my ribs on that side. The pain is almost like a shooting pain.On a scale of 1-10 one being the least pain, my pain I would say would be a 7. I went to my doctor and he told me he didnt feel anything and to come back if it still bothers me. I told him I didnt know when exactly it started or where the knot came from. He didnt tell me to get x-rays or anything.But here is my question...Does anyone know what it could be?? please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank You. rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
I get a similar muscle knot in my ribcage while sleeping. It started about 4-5 months ago. It hurts really bad. I rub aspercreme on the muscle and take aleve or advil and that helps. I sleep on my right side, too, and the knot is on the left side. I have slept with a pillow under my side. That helped somewhat. Good Luck!
|

replied April 21st, 2009
Did you ever find out what is causing it? I've had a similar knot for the past three years. One doctor said it was lympoma and other said it was likely caused by an injury to the rib that didn't heal properly. They didn't seem concerned but I still worry sometimes especially when it wakes me up at night.
|

replied January 28th, 2010
THE PAIN IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF RIBS
I went to the doctor for rib pain he told me its a leasion and to take a bean bag or a tennis ball and lay down and rub the knot out and yes its been working for me i went jan 18th and i strenth and do exercises you will get the knot out i know mine is like a 7 to in pain but mine was pain all the time. didnt go away i hope this helps . i always think i have a bad diease too . and the stress can make a knot in there too love april
|