Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Knot on back of neck

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
User Profile
I have been sick for about a month now, uncontrollable coughing with headaches. A week ago a lump popped up on my neck but its not under my ears around my throat or anything like that, It is on the side of my neck, closer to the back. I finally went to the dr, (I havent been there in four years) He said I have Acute Bronchitis, I asked him about my knots on my neck and he said they were swollen lymp nodes, The only problem is he didnt look at them or touch them or anything. THere is no redness or tenderness, it is just a hard knot that appeared a week ago.My antibiotics are almost complete and the knot is not going down any. I also had blood in my urine that filled a whole napkin, It only happened the day the knot came up. I am really concerned- Do you think I have something to be worried about? Please give me some advice!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes lymph nodes following the infection remain permanently enlarged.
If this knot continues to grow, or other knots appear, accompanied with systemic symptoms, you should visit your physician.
|
Did you find this post helpful?