Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Knot near the sternum

User Profile
I was diagnosed with costrochondritis about 3 years ago and shortly thereafter I developed a "knot" in my chest near my sternum. I only occassionally have a dull pain in that area. Although there is what feels like a rounded portion near my sternum it does feel somewhat linear in that it seems to run across my chest - it just doesn't protrude as much as the "knot". And, the knot doesn't protrude so much that you can see it through my skin, just when I run my hand down my chest. Any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2008
Bone Cancer Answer A4555
Sorry, but I can’t suggest any diagnosis regarding the knot in your chest near the sternum without having the results from the ultrasound scan.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.