Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Knot near the sternum

User Profile
I was diagnosed with costrochondritis about 3 years ago and shortly thereafter I developed a "knot" in my chest near my sternum. I only occassionally have a dull pain in that area. Although there is what feels like a rounded portion near my sternum it does feel somewhat linear in that it seems to run across my chest - it just doesn't protrude as much as the "knot". And, the knot doesn't protrude so much that you can see it through my skin, just when I run my hand down my chest. Any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2008
Bone Cancer Answer A4555
Sorry, but I can’t suggest any diagnosis regarding the knot in your chest near the sternum without having the results from the ultrasound scan.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.