Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

knot in my left shoulder blade. is very painful

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
I have what feels as though it may be a knot in my left shoulder blade. It has been there for a few months now. It is very painful when pushed on. I have had several massages and no one can get it out. In your opinion, what is your best guess as to what this could be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2011
Cancers Answer A25997
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to say what a knot could be wothout a physical examination and a complete history.

Based on the location and the duration the knot has been present it could be a small lipoma, enlarged lymph node, or a tendon related cyst.

For proper evaluation and to know the extent, a Xray and OR a MRI might be helpful.

You might consult your doctor, who can provide a proper advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.