Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Knee problem and squatting

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi
I've got a knee question for anyone with any help please.
Recently I've just started a new job full time stacking shelves on nights.
It involves a lot of squatting kneeling and lifting etc. When I first started I had no problems what-so-ever but for the last 2/3weeks my right knee has been giving me a but of jip and I'm not entirely sure why. It doesn't hurt on movement and it isn't swelled at all, the only time it really hurts is when I fully squat and then the pain is very very minamal. The main problem is it aches and aches and every now and then I get I tickly sensation in the nvm of my leg. Some days I can go through half a day without feeling it then others it aches from the moment I wake to the moment I hit the pillow. It isn't keeping me up at night or anything it's just one of them niggles I cant seem to shake. I'm only 20 years old so I'm not hoping for arthritis or anything plus I've always been an active person E.g running (mainly sprinting) football, and so on. I've had injuries before and shaken them of and got back to it but this is puzzling me as I haven't knocked it or banged it or anything. Anyone got any ideas? Any help it much appreciated. Thanks
Lee
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Lee: Unfortunately life can take a toll on our knees...Could be a muscle that you have pulled or just the new exercise and movement that you are doing...I guess the best thing to tell you is that if it hurts don't do it, but this will not help with a job situation...If it continues you may want to see a physician, but, I personally think it is the new lifting, kneeling and squatting...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?