Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

knee pain when standing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have sharp knee pain when standing or walking a certain way. It's a shooting pain and hurts really bad. I don't know how I hurt it but would like some comments on it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Where is the pain located exactly (front, back, inside, outside of the knee)?
Did this pain appear abruptly after some sports activities?
Do you have additional swelling in the knee region (did the swelling appear within an hour of the injury)?
|

replied March 6th, 2010
I have (had?)a very bad knee due to many years of martial arts and playing hockey. The pain of the arthritis has made me have a very slight limp in recent years. That probably doesn't compare with a great many other people in this forum but it's been rather frustrating to me. I love to golf and the weight shift is critical.

About three weeks ago I had a pain treatment that was nothing short of amazing. It's based on new technology that just came into North America in the last 3 months. Nothing like it, IMO. I've tried it all as I'm sure most here have. I'm not sure about posting a link where it can be followed up on as I know these sites can be sensitive to their own interests but I'll give it a whirl and if the link is removed, then please feel free to message me on a one-one basis
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 7th, 2013
I'm not allowed to post video links here but go to youtube and search for "How to Stand Properly (To protect your back and knees)". It helped me.
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2013
One sure fire way to reduce knee pain: RICE.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
A properly fitted, supportive shoe, combined with an accommodative shoe insert, can also help reduce knee pain, putting your feet in balance and, in turn, improving the alignment of the rest of your body.
There are many Foot Solutions for several products to help knee pain problems, including:

Arch Supports
Inserts
Cushions
Heel cups
You can easily get them
|