Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Knee pain when bending knee

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I work as a waitress / dishwasher for roughly 30 hours per week. I started getting pain in both knees when squating. If I stay squated or sit on a bent leg straightening causes even worse pain. THinking maybe I need to do some knee exercises to straighten my outter thigh muscle I did a little leg lifts (crossed leg and bend at the knee thing) with two pounds of weight and it made my knees ache and my thigh muscles burn. Last year I had a lower lumber disc herniation that still occasionaly gives me buttock and hip pain, so learned to use more knees or bending over. Maybe a simple overuse injury? Start of arthristis? or something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi kelleykb and welcome to ehealth: I guess I would be more prone to go with the "start of Arthritis or something else"..However, this depend on your age too.....The cartridge in our knees wears down...With this comes pain and opens the door for Arthritis...I would think rest might help you and stay away from the squatting whenever you can...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: kelleykb