Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Knee Pain at Full Extension

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I'm a 21 female with knee pain. I've had knee pain off and on since I was 11. It used to come about in the Spring when I played sports. Now 21, it's much more consistent. Walking/exercise (at anything more than a casual pace) can trigger the onset of pain. Also standing for more than an hour (at work, for example) bothers my knee. It's generally not a sharp pain, more of a soreness or dull pain around the entire knee. I also can't sleep on my back without a pillow under my knee, the full extension bothers it. Once my knee starts bothering me, it snowballs to the point where I limp around.

I went to the doctor once when I was 15, but she did not take me seriously, because 1) I was a teenage girl with knee pain and 2) because it didn't hurt at the time. She wrote it off as growing pains, but it's been a while since I stopped growing...I'm young and fit, not over weight, so why does fulling extending my knee cause pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper PokeyM
|