Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Kinda depressed, and ugly

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hey everyone Smile. Thanks for reading this post. I'm 15 and my actual problem is that I'm not someone who would anyone "like." I'm really depressed since a year ago and I'm going through something that I can't do alone, but I'm still standing. I feel really,really ugly not just because a lot of people laughed at me (they don't really do it know, since I lost weight, but I still feel ugly) and I felt like I was never meant to born, and still. I just can't stand who I am, I mean a lot of people says that I've a great sense of humor, and I'm a good actor, but I don't feel liek I can do anything. People always want my help and I do help them, but they don't really care about me. I'm really lonely. I have "so called" friends, but they always drink, but I turned to "Straight Edge" and what they doing is not right, I believe. Behind all these stands, That I've been in love with someone who is my friend I guess, I mean we used to speak and stuff, but everytime she looks at me I now what se sees. And I don't want her t osee that. And to be honest, she is really-really beautiful. I'd had someone who helped me, but I lost her and now aside that I'm patheticly in love I'm missing her. I'm considering suicide, a couple of months ago. If you have and idea, please help me. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2010
Experienced User
hi there Smile
im sorry to hear of you problems..i think you belive you are ugly because you are depressed and you probably are a pretty person..i dont beleive suicide is the answer talking about your issues on this can im glad to hear you dont drink it makes you healing easier..write back or pm me
Sponge x
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2010
Experienced User
hi there Smile
im sorry to hear of you problems..i think you belive you are ugly because you are depressed and you probably are a pretty person..i dont beleive suicide is the answer talking about your issues on this can im glad to hear you dont drink it makes you healing easier..write back or pm me
Sponge x
|

replied June 12th, 2010
Hi, thing is...you're 15 and no one feels particulary awesome at 15. Growing up is tough and everyone goes through this at some stage. Do things that make you feel happy, see someone to talk to or talk to your family if you can, get some exercise, read some interesting books or magazines, do some art work, take photos, do some acting classes, go to the movies, write in a journal, volunteer helping other people or animals, watch some bad reality tv and have a laugh. Never give up on yourself because you will get through this and look back and laugh.

I'm writing this to you because I used to get depressed about myself too. I was a chubby teen, didn't have a boyfriend until about 20 and felt pretty down on my looks. But I grew up, my looks changed and majority of girls who teased me at school now, look pretty average. But that's not the main reason I'm writing to you - I'm now 27 and have been going through a HUGE health crisis for the last 9 months. Once something like your health fails you begin to realise how much you took for granted - enjoy life because you never know when it can change. I used to worry about silly things (not saying what you're going through is silly though) and now I'd give anything to worry about my weight (which I used to all the time)etc...

You're a great actor - there you go...that's awesome! Do you know that people don't see your faults because you're your worst critic? Everyone is. People are more worried about themselves most of the time so don't get too down.

You WILL get through this tough time and don't kill yourself because people will miss you very much. You might not think you're important but you are....

Stick with life because I promise you that things will change for you and you'll be stronger for it and able to sympathise with people who are going through hard times as well. Lots of love, liz
|

replied June 11th, 2013
It wouldnt matter if not one single person on earth liked you or approved of you (highly unlikely) you can still survive and enjoy this - your one and only life to live. Find things that interest you and get involved with them. Stop moping around like a lovesick puppy. Choice to like love and accept yourself and find some joy in life, you are as good a person as anyone else.
|