Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

kind of poking pain, feels heavy too in breathing?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I have this weird pain in different parts of the chest.Sometimes its in between the chest(down towards the end of the rib), sometimes its below the left or the right last rib bone. its kind of poking pain, stays for a min or 2 and goes away. this kind of pain comes and goes. and somedays the chest feels heavy too in breathing. this is one case.
2) the armpit area, not exactly the armpit, a little below, the rib side, its sore. both left and right side of the chest. and even the breast area, around the nipple, its sore.

FYI: quite often i get burps. kind of feels like gas is filled in me. and some food gives me chest burns. i smoke about 12-14 cigarettes a day. I smoke the lightest cig one can get and i just take about 5 puffs and dispose it.
these are my concerns. it would be really helpful, if you advise.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Chest Pain Answer A32741
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of your pain appears to be due to gastric reflux, Peptic ulcer disease, gall bladder stones or inflammation, Liver disease. pneumonia or due to musculoskeletal causes.

Musculoskeletal inflammatory pain can be diagnosed if the pain ‎‎increases on ‎‎specific movements or ‎‎‎‎on direct pressure on the affected area. Such cases of mild pain, subside on its own with rest. If ‎needed anti inflammatory ‎medications like aspirin or Ibuprofen 400 mg can be ‎‎‎taken upto three ‎times a day, to relieve the pain.‎

Treatment of your symptoms due to acid reflux or gastritis can be tried with over the counter antacids ‎‎like Gelusil, tums, mylanta ‎‎‎and acid reducing medications like omeprazole. ‎

Activated charcoal, probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements can be used for intestinal or ‎stomach ‎gas relief. Activated charcoal tablets have the best effect in relieving your symptoms due to bloating. ‎

In case, your symptoms are severe enough, and recur with exertion, are associated with - Atypical ‎‎chest pain, stomach, or abdominal pain; Nausea or dizziness ; Shortness of breath and difficulty ‎‎breathing‎, you may consult with your doctor or the ER for a examination and proper advice.‎

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.