Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Kidney stones disappeared ?

Must Read
More than a million people get kidney stones in the US annually. But what is a kidney stone? How many types of kidney stones are diagnosed?...
Can kidney stones be avoided? Learn the common causes and factors that can put you at risk of developing a kidney stone here....
How do you know if flank pain is caused by kidney stones? Learn to identify the common signs and symptoms of kidney stones in this section....
Three kidney stones diagnosed by CT - 3mm, 4mm and 7mm (moving). Three weeks later - nothing passed, but nothing found on KUB (xray). Could they have been something I dissolved by drinking so much water??? I haven't had nearly the pain I did when I went into the hospital and was diagnosed, and I'm pretty pain free now (except for some groin pain). Female, if that matters.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017

Treatment of urinary stones usually includes pain medication and increased fluids (to drink) until the stone is ‎‎‎passed. Over the ‎‎counter pain medication (eg, ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin) may be helpful. If the pain is not controlled, ‎‎‎a stronger ‎‎medication (narcotic) may be needed ‎

most of the stones which are Small (less than 5 mm), they usually pass without treatment. (as in your case).

Continued hydration can help reduce the size of Medium stones (6-9mm) and help them pass in urine.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.