Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Kidney infection

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Male, 23 years old. Severe pain in back, vomitting. Has not been able to eat anything. He has been to emergency room 3 times this month. They have taken meds for pain and vomitting, but they have not given him any antibiotics. Could this be a kidney infection?..
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2017

Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is usually episodic , spasmodic or colicky in ‎nature, ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎originating ‎in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh. It is ‎associated with other ‎‎‎‎symptoms like ‎‎‎‎‎nausea, vomiting ‎and systemic features due to any infection. ‎

Urinary infections are limited to the urethra, bladder and the kidneys (due to ascending infections).

The diagnosis of your actual condition will require physical examination by your doctor and few tests including urinalysis, urine culture and sensitivity and a ultrasound. Early diagnosis and treatment with specific antibiotics do help in preventing long term compications.

You may consult with your doctor for additional information and treatment as necessary.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2017
Experienced User
I was faced kidney problem and sometimes I feel pain in my back. But his problem is very serious because I could eat food but your patient can't eat food. So that you need to go doctor for urgently.
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.