Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

ketones in urine

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
hi everyone
i just had a urine test and was told that i had ketones in my urine. i had a 3 hour fasting blood glucose test done last month in which my sugar levels were normal. I have also had my fasting blood sugar checked about 5 times in the last year and it was normal every time. What are some causes other than diabetes for ketones in the urine? I am not on any diet, I eat 3 full meals a day, drink plenty of water, etc. I am constantly tired even though I seep 8 hours a night, and I also have neuropathy in my feet and hands, mostly while I am in the bed. I thought it was caused by low levels of b12 but now i'm not so sure.
can anyone help me?!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper scarletbegonias01
|